Where You Are Photos

I hate having to dismount my horse because someone left a car on the trail :wink:

5 Likes

I’m interpreting the photo as ‘The driver and passenger suddenly turn into horses and in a confused state get out of the car’. It does happen more often than people think. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This morning’s sun thing I was looking at looked pretty epic …

s

don’t ask me to explain it though.

5 Likes

Thargoids

4 Likes

That is a great example of a halo with very visible Sun Dogs. Seeing that a photo never does the scene justice, that must have been an impressive sight.

2 Likes

Today’s plan of attack. Thermal underwear required…

2 Likes

Raleigh is looking a lot like Chicago…frozen reservoirs huh? That’s not supposed to happen south of Richmond… Gonna need some of those warm soups and stews you make @Navynuke99!

4 Likes

Lakes Johnson and Raleigh both have nice layers of ice across most of them as well- my phone is telling me it’s currently 16 degrees.

It’s too cold for soup, switching to Bourbon.

:tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

Sunset was pretty special as we descended into the Austin area this evening…

9 Likes

Couple impressions from today’s tour…

8 Likes

Beautiful @sobek.

I think I would struggle to live anywhere (long term) that didn’t have mountains now. We lived in Florida for a while, and it really bothered me. I remember driving along the I-95 once and we got optimistic that there was a hill, but it turned out to be a landfill :slight_smile:. Also, spent about 3 months near The Hague, and although Holland had a windswept beauty of its own that we liked, it was really flat. It was like the sky was too big.

3 Likes

I don’t mean to brag but I’ve been to the highest point south of lake Okeechobee. :sunglasses:

jonathan-dickinson-state

3 Likes

We specifically moved to where we live now (Kings Mountain) because of the big hill that is in our backyard.

Most of Charlotte is pretty flat, but just an hour west and you get into some hills, then some significant mountains. I mean, 6,684’ (Mt. Mitchell) isn’t all that tall compared to out west, but it’ll do in a pinch.

3 Likes

Smart move. Alligators have to go on oxygen above 70 feet. So I’m told.

2 Likes

The Netherlands would drive me nuts. I have never been without mountains for more than 3 months at a time.

1 Like

It’s insane in Italy.
At 0600AM there were 12 C°.

Unbelievably warm.

1 Like

As a Dutch native, I totally understand. I feel the same every time I get back from skiing holiday. Luckily I have never lived next to mountains for longer than a week, so the feeling disappears after a few days.

3 Likes

Recently spend some time in the Alps and everything felt smaller due to the lack of an infinite horizon at all times :smile: :wink:

2 Likes

My favourite speedway along the Rhine is flooded.

2505_02

BOOM! Problem solved.

4 Likes