Where You Are Photos

A bit of radio controlled modeling on this Memorial Day.

8 Likes

Awesome. Yours? Must know more about the build.

This weekend, I witnessed the landing and take-off of the flying ambulance (traumahelikopter) during the Leiden Marathon. Sorry for the shitty picture, was too busy watching.

2 Likes

Oh wow, yeah I’ve heard there were a lot of problems due to the heat, didn’t know they even called in the Trauma helo!

Not mine, but a good friends that I have been flying RC models with for over a decade now. It’s got a 138" wingspan, is powered by two DLE 35’s and has 4 receivers for redundancy.

1 Like

Spent the weekend down at Lake Arrowhead, Tx. The weather was the hottest we’ve seen to date, but still a nice time.

3 Likes

DCS World has put rain drops on my King Air windscreen…very realistic looking…

3 Likes

2 Likes

Nice pixel density too!

Ha…my wife brought these home today. A pilot brought her a bag of them from New Orleans. One benefit of working in Flight Admin - coffee from Costa Rica, Tamales from San Diego, and all manner of other local cuisines…

6 Likes

…and Buffalo wings from - Buffalo?

1 Like

Lucky afternoon today clearing my stuff out of a company car I was using for a few weeks. I had been noticing these cheap looking black sunglasses stuck in the dash all dirty and dusty (they cleaned up perfectly though!)…

I was about to throw them in the trash bin but I noticed the RayBan logo … I thought no way, but for the heck of it tried them on. Hmmm, they look pretty good! The lenses seemed exceptionally clear with a nice green grey tint and not a scratch! When I got home I needed a magnifying glass to read the printing on the temples …

RB3026 AVIATOR LARGE METAL II L2821 62 14 3N – Made in Italy

Woot! $175 Canadian! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Hey, look what arrived in the mail today:

4 Likes

That’s pure rocket science, right there! :slight_smile: :rocket:

1 Like

Heh, I have zero chemistry but that book was a very entertaining read even to me. Enjoy!

1 Like

At a retirement party…and guess who is here… Bob Swain, pilot of the infamous A-10 Chopper Popper

5 Likes

5 Likes

I really like it so far, very entertaining and even the more technical bits are not too difficult to understand if you have a little knack for science.

I actually completely forgot I ordered it so it was a nice surprise when it arrived. It seems Amazon Germany started shipping them on the 1st of June.

I always get a kick out of seeing the Link Trainer in the atrium at the CAE training center, DFW.

7 Likes

There’s one at CAE OSL as well. Love the little things! :slight_smile:
I wonder why they have the wings and control surfaces… Was that so the instructor could see the control input?

1 Like