Where You Are Photos

AFAIK she isn’t all that capable. All the truly good stuff was too expensive and was cut.

Sure is a looker tho!

as for ugliest warship… I dunno man, there’s been some dogs over the years:

1 Like

Replay of the commissioning:

http://www.navy.mil/ah_online/live/ah-live.asp

Edit: I had to look up LCS.

Plus, they keep breaking down and have to get transported back from overseas. Galvanic corrosion and losses of lube oil aren’t very good for propulsion trains.

Wait what… Galvanic corrosion? What are these things made off!!! Some copper based aluminium?! :crazy_face:

Yup that raised an eybrow over here.

1 Like

Aluminum, plus steel stern tubes and impeller housings (a friend of mine from high school was CHENG on one of the assigned crews when this was going on)
https://www.nace.org/CORROSION-FAILURE-LCS-2-USS-Independence-Naval-Ship-Engine-Corrosion.aspx

2 Likes

Wow, that is a pretty severe design flaw.

In Houston area for the weekend and having some fun.

2 Likes

Noice! Please explain these … buns?

Beignets. Look it up. Too long to explain and I’m not sure what’s involved, but wow.

1 Like

Mmm…beignets…I think I had those in New Orleans once. Delicious…

Meh … you posted the pic so I expected first hand info but if you’re too busy then just let it go. :slight_smile:

Two flat pieces of sweetened dough, like a fritter. As it’s deep-fried, the inside turns hollow.

3 Likes

Is it good?

Oh wait, Beach already said they’re delicious.

Anyway, @saghen, I think we’re going to have a Sunday night R6 session so be here!

They’re absolutely delicious. Worked at a New Orleans - themed coffee shop in high school that specialized in them - I still have the owners recipe.

Proper beignets should have a filling; apple, cinnamon and raisins or strawberry jam.

A few years back I actually got to go to Cafe du Monde in New Orleans… It was pretty awesome…

1 Like

I’ve never had a beignet with filling, but that sounds delicious.

Chasing a problem on my motorcycle, found fuel dripping from what appears to be carburettor seals, so I opted to dive in and see what was going on. Found some fuel in the airbox but that could just be be from vibrations. Anyway, you can see the venturi there, I haven’t gone further yet.

IMG_20180528_185204IMG_20180528_195953

Now driving a Transalp, bit different but still Honda :heart:

4 Likes