Where You Are Photos

The TM MFD bezels are like gold dust right now. I just received mine a couple of days ago after being on back order for almost two months.

I have mine attached to my MonsterTech desk clamp for the joystick. A rather pricey solution but I’m not exactly what you would call a “handy” person.

1 Like

That’s good to know, I was just thinking last night how nice it would be to have a third one lol.

Their mounts where something of a loose inspiration for mine. I eventually plan on picking up a set of their joystick, and possibly mfd, mounts. But right now I’m saving all my pennies for a new graphics card. My poor GTX 770 with 2gbs of vram is really starting to get pushed to the limit with DCS lol.

1 Like

This is my MonsterTech setup now that I have added the MFD bezels.

Now I just need to get used to using them while in VR.

A graphics card upgrade would definitely be a higher priority though, especially as your mounting solution for the bezels will work perfectly well.

7 Likes

@PaulRix, how have you solved using the Crosswinds without the chair sliding around?

It might be the mat I have it on, which is textured with a raised zig-zag pattern that helps prevent unwanted sliding. I also have the pedal action at a fairly low tension setting.

1 Like

I can see that from my window!

1 Like

Really nice setup Paul. I’ll have to check when I get home tonight, but I’m worried that the MFDs mounted there would conflict with my thighs. Great spot for them though.

1 Like

Dan, I guess that would depend on the height of your desktop surface.

For me, there is plenty of room between my thighs and the MFD panels.

4 Likes

I just want to say I love the design/placement of that shelf on the right. I’m getting ideas for the next time I do this. :thinking:

1 Like

It seems every time I go to CAE for training, the weather goes South. Last month my Mini took some hail damage while sat in the hotel parking lot. It seems you are having the same luck Chris. At least your car is a rental!

Yeah…I’ve been in the sim in June and had lightning hit the building and crash the sim… Fun stuff…

Thanks Paul. Good picture to help me decide. Judging by your photo I should have no problem as well. Will order tonight!

1 Like

:drooling_face: Do want lol

1 Like

I do like the center mount stick.

1 Like

Crappy photo but trying to get over a heavy night with bubbles and palm trees for breakfast. Why not

7 Likes

I hate it when the sim just stops, mid maneuver, at an awkward angle, and then just slide down on the jacks… I have never been airsick, but that gets me every time.

2 Likes

As much as you “Players” hate that, us technicians hate it much more.
Means we have to get up from our desk, leave the coffee there, and interrupt our gaming sessions…

Like, could you f***ing NOT? Some nerves, these pilots… :triumph:

3 Likes

And you quit your job to work with…RACE CAR DRIVERS…! :rofl::racing_car:

2 Likes

1 Like