Where You Are Photos

What a summer here in Germany! I don’t mind the heat but a little bit of rain wouldn’t hurt. The Rhine is carrying very little water atm.

Looking toward the river on my commute this Friday:

Maybe some rain? Nah just kidding!

8 Likes

What really sucks is owning a heavy redwood California King bed frame with an Eastern King mattress. I wish that I had a dime for every time that I’ve hit my shin on the frame on the way to the head.

1 Like

Messing around with Procreate on my iPad with some of my many iPhone photos. This is a panorama shot taken last weekend. I used Procreate to remove the tail number and company logo (the company I work for is getting more sensitive about posting photos showing tail numbers etc).

7 Likes

Birthday dinner in progress.

15 Likes

My god, you live in cycling heaven @Derbysieger!

1 Like

One for you and one for the pup? :wink:

4 Likes

Other one is for Dr. Girlfriend. Pup might find pieces that “mysteriously” appear on the deck. :grin:

6 Likes

Needs no / defies description

7 Likes

@Linebacker The Lower Rhine and Ruhr Area is pretty great for cycling. Of course there are places that suck but overall I can’t complain.

3 Likes

immagine

immagine

3 Likes

South eastern Colorado. On the way home after staying in Austin TX for the heat wave - 107º. This is beautiful country out here.

6 Likes

The last refreshing morning (14°C) for this week at least. It’s supposed to get up to 38°C this week with nights not below 20°C and up to 26°C…

This afternoon was already 35°C…

4 Likes

Didn’t I see this on Monty Python show?

1 Like

I’ve been going up and down between Seattle and Vancouver, BC a lot over the last few weeks. About 3 hours by car, about 40 minutes by plane (so 3 hours with airports). Four hours by train, although not done that.

So, no, I am not actually on the International Space Station, but it did remind me of this composite pic (best expanded out) that I really like and sums up ‘where I am’ a lot:

It’s great because it puts the entire flight (or drive, I’ve driven it a couple of times last week) into perspective.

If you don’t know the area, the landmarks are roughly (I threw these on, so hopefully right…)

10 Likes

A combination of World In Conflict and Take On Helochoppers have meant I’ll never be lost in Seattle :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

A lovely calm winter morning - nice day to catch the ferry to work.

13 Likes

You’ve probably been there, done that, and have the hat, but recommend the Boeing factory tour in Everett and a floatplane ride out of Lake Union with Kenmore. Tell them you are a pilot and they will let you ride right seat in the Otter.

1 Like

The factory tour is amazing, although not done it in the last 8 years or so - and now that I think about it again want to do it some more. The scale in those hangars is so weird. :slight_smile:

I could show the Lake Union pilot my tacview from last night - it’s unlikely they’d let me board, let alone sit anywhere near the controls afterwards though. I might get a discount or get given a white cane. :dizzy_face:

My CYVR/KSEA/CYVR rat-run is on a noisy Dash 8-400 or occasionally a CRJ-900. They struggle to get up to 13,000 ft before having to descend.

I took a picture of the Moon and Mars during last night’s lunar eclipse:

The location was packed:

8 Likes

My view of the lunar eclipse. The dry spell ended last night

15 Likes