Where You Are Photos

12 Likes

I guess you had to take command…! :astonished:

That’s no shark, @BeachAV8R:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I just imagine that pilot pointing “Look, that’s one of those airfields I told you about!” :wink:

1 Like

Hey! Never seen that can design!
The bottle (of Britain) has the RAF roundel on the cap :slight_smile:

6 Likes

True story…we went around after touching down on that approach… I was like “yeah…free tour of the island”…my wife not so much amused by it…

4 Likes

What was the reason?
«Someone» in the cabin yelling «GO-AROUND!!»? :wink:

People rarely are…
I had a balked landing during my commander training.
My first left seat landing in the DHC8-300, on a relatively short field, and in near max X-wind and gusty condtions. One of four storms that got christened with a name, during my training…!
Anyway, I kept the speed and power up. Didn’t want to get caught low on energy. Basically a planned balk with a possible landing. I floated…and floated…and… You get the idea. Finally, halfway down the runway I called it quits and went around. Wheels bounced once.
I landed on the second attempt and my instructor said, when we were taxiing in, that I should take the opportunity to brief the passengers and do it face to face, on the PA, in the cabin.
I told them why we went around, and that I knew many of them probably got a bit of a scare, but that we always plan for that event, and that it’s really not any different from a takeoff. Just that you are better off, because you hit the ground running. Got a couple of chuckles out of that one. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yep…same thing I told my wife. A go around or balked landing isn’t a mark of poor airmanship, but rather excellent decision making skills.

On the flight in the picture, I think the reason we went around was that we crossed the “threshold” at about 75 knots and we touched down about mid field. The left seat pilot must have been getting a line check, training, or a route familiarization flight and the right seat pilot may have commanded the go around.

The next approach was slower and we touched down much earlier. I haven’t looked up the dimensions of Lady Elliot’s runway…it isn’t long, but the Caravan and Otter seem to operate comfortably there.

1 Like

Trip starting more to follow

9 Likes

Wow, the Vegas map is super detailed these days!

5 Likes

Erika and I went to the Imagine Dragons concert at the Austin 360 Amphitheater (at the COTA F1 track) last night. It was a great concert at an excellent venue.

7 Likes

Maintenance Friday, new discs after 21600km in just over 15 months.

7 Likes

Yesterday’s ride, was waiting on the bridge anyway :wink:

3 Likes

11 Likes

IVE BEEN THERE AS A KID!!! CAN I COME TOO?!

1 Like

You’ll be a kid again, if you go here… :wink:

1 Like

The elastic rear view mirror cover tearing off at the mount seems to be a pandemic issue. Mine has it too.

1 Like

Found this little guy staring down a water strider

11 Likes

He’s got that…fearless…look about him.

10 Likes

It’s tough to tell from the picture, but, it is in fact an AC-130J doing touch and go’s at the airport next to my house. In Nebraska of all places.

6 Likes

Ah, it’s good being home…

7 Likes