Where You Are Photos

Rocky Mountain National Park - the west side of Longs Peak

The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado.

11 Likes

MSP is kinda chilly…

9 Likes

Over Chicago-land…

6 Likes

Braves Phillies top of the second.

4 Likes

ᴳᵒ ᴾʰᶦˡˡᶦᵉˢ!

Your travels ever have you landing at KSPI Beach?

Wheels

Taking our newly upgraded B200 on its first medical trip. Now both our B200s have been modernized with the G1000 avionics.

8 Likes

Only stopped in there for gas a few times…though we tend to use places like Sioux Falls and Salina for most of our westward flights. (@PaulRix is trying to remember what stopping for gas means… :joy:)

1 Like

LOL… I certainly don’t miss the fuel stops at Gander during the winter months, coming back from Europe. With the Global we just keep on trucking all the way to Texas. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where is this…this…Europe you speak of?? :thinking: (is it past Bermuda?)

Somewhere out there Chris! :). I think from where you live, if you head to Bermuda and keep on trucking, you would probably end up on the west coast of Africa… or swimming :wink: .

I’m working on a plan to add drop tanks to the Citation.

2 Likes

Sounds expensive… Or will it be jerry rigged? :smile:

Gorilla glue…

3 Likes

The end of an era there Chris! I remember taking my favorite B200 to Dayton back in 2009 for it’s G1000 refit. I remember shutting the airplane down and I just sat there for a few moments just looking at the familiar instruments that were a mechanical marvel and that I felt so comfortable with. It felt almost like an act of betrayal as I walked away from the airplane that day.

A few weeks later I was tasked with picking her up after the refit. It was pretty amazing capability wise, but the character of the airplane was changed forever. I still enjoyed flying the King Air with the G1000, it just didn’t have quite the same romance to it though.

It seems that I’m becoming a melancholy pilot in my old age! :wink:

3 Likes

At RDU…a swarm of volunteer GA planes are ferrying supplies to the coastal areas cut off by flooding. There is a drop off area on the public side, pallets of food, water, and other daily needs stuff get loaded on forklifts and taken out to each plane.

5 Likes

Operation Airdrop. They’ve been going all week, I believe. Did you see the mountains of supplies inside the GA terminal there?

Yes…quite an operation they have going there!

I love hearing about stuff like that.

Just curious Beach. I used to live about a mile north of runway 18/36 past the Sangamon river on HWY 29.

Wheels

1 Like