Where You Are Photos

Hehehehehe You cheeky one…

I got myself an early Christmas present.

Canon EOS R with the RF to EF adapter

First impressions after setting it up and playing around with it for a couple of hours: It’s great.

Apart from the IQ which is night and day compared to my old camera, the AF is very quick, even in really bad light (with my adapted EF 24-105 f/4L IS II USM). I wasn’t expecting it to work this well. Selecting the focus point is quick and easy if you set up the touchscreen for it. I have the lower right quarter of the screen set for AF point selection.
Of course I was expecting a huge upgrade over my EOS 50D but I didn’t expect the 24-105 would focus this quickly and accurately with basically no light.

The EVF is fantastic, the controls and menu system are well thought out and intuitive and the ergonomics of the camera are simply amazing.

I’ll post some sample pics when I’m back home on Sunday. I should get some nice pictures tomorrow and Sunday.

It’s basically a 5D Mk IV with a few limitations but also some advantages for about 1000€ less. If you’re a Canon shooter who already has a lot of glass this is a fantastic camera.

The new RF lenses look amazing: 50mm f/1.2, 28-70mm f/2, 24-105 f/4, 35mm f/1.8

There are also rumours about a 24mm f/1.2, 85mm f/1.2, 16-32mm f/2.8 as a well as some ultra wide angle zooms.

Now I just need to find a bank to rob, so I can buy all this gear :joy:

Nice. :+1:

Looking forward to seeing some shots. :slightly_smiling_face:

BTW, How’s your cycling going?

I had a bit of a slump for the last two months (work, family stuff, only ~2400km total) but this month everything should get back to normal. Tomorrow I’m going on a ride with family. Including the ride to the meet-up it should be a relaxed ride of about 130km.

I’m looking forward to really getting back into training.

Fueling up…heading out…

Wheels

Wheels

Hell yeah that’s a nice collection of warbirds.

I just learned that the EOS R can create full resolution jpeg backups straight to my phone as I take the picture. Pretty cool stuff. Unfortunately when I upload from the camera afterwards and I didn’t shoot raw+jpg the quality is not great. Doesn’t matter much though since you guys don’t let me upload 30MP photos anyway, even if they’re just 1-2MB files.

Found this guy all alone in the woods:

Writing articles…each one has pages and pages of these hand scribbled notes as I work my way through them. Sometimes I envy the Tubers and Twitches that just have to stream something for a couple hours (although that requires probably hours of preparation too!)…

We had a nice little day hike in the French Pyrenees planned, baby in the carrying backpack etc. and good weather forecast.

Unfortunately, while it was sunny in the valleys, the cloud lingered around 1100m around the mountains and the route was going up to 1400m above sea level…

Can you call it a cockpit if you have clouds beneath you?

In the end we had to just do a quick stroll close to the car as the weather wasn’t going to play ball. We did do a 100m detour to Spain (we were right by the border) before heading back.

A shame, the views between the clouds were amazing. Still a fun day out.

Alright, here are some pictures I took with EOS R over the weekend, unfortunately I can’t share the best ones because my sister doesn’t want her kids’ pictures on the internet.

Apart from the macro shots that were taken with the EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM, I used the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM:

That Red and Silver Mustang in my earlier post is a little more special than your average Mustang. :wink:

Wheels

Tom Cruise’s ride?
I guess he removed the ”Kiss me Kate” nose art :wink:

Yes and Yes.
I knew he had a P-51 but it never crossed my mind I would ever get that close to it.

It’s had some scenes filmed using it for the new Top Gun movie, whether those scenes make it to the final cut is yet to be seen.

Wheels

Where am I?

An airport!

Prison tower? Where the cons are organized into forced and very coordinated square dancing with the prison governor observing from up high?

Either that or picking up a National rental, which is probably the worse option.

A rental car parking lot!