Where You Are Photos

Wow! That is on the same level as New Zealand’s South Island. Stunning.

@EinsteinEP, from what I remember from Transformers 2, that’s the Smithsonian, right?

1 Like

I think some kids with crayons got hold of this plane.

Ironically enough it’s logo wasn`t in keeping with the torrential rain.

1 Like

Wow, you just cannot identify any of that when it’s flying,it’s just a moving billboard on the airports. I feel a little sad for that 737.

1 Like

Oh hey, look at that @AeroMechanical

3 Likes
2 Likes

That pineapple was in Alien vs Predator IV: Carnage?

The Predators are made out of jerk chicken?

1 Like

View out my office cube window this morning, not many planes flying today but this overlooks approach to KBFI rwy 13R and so I get to see some nice tubeliners and Cessnas going into Boeing Field, including the occasional military jet:

The skies have that stretched cloud texture look just like Active Sky Next with REX softclouds, makes me wish I was flying in P3D now instead of at work babysitting people and apps.

Hoping to get P3D working with Oculus tonight and fly this same approach…

2 Likes

Oh Snap! Myself and @Tyco were a block away from your office a few weeks back.

1 Like

Nice! We have the same weather @Kludger - route via PAE tonight and fly up to CYVR in the Rift tonight.

Also, wasn’t that headland in the top-left of your photo used as a base in Take On Helicopters? @BeachAV8R would know.

2 Likes

It was! I may have spent my brief time in Seattle orienting myself using landmarks from World in Conflict and TkOH

3 Likes

Haha nice @near_blind , yeah @fearlessfrog the base for TOH was right there across the water.

That’s one nice thing about Seattle, it has been a popular location in flying sims, the only catch with that is the scenery has long gotten out of date due to the crazy amount of skyscrapers that have gone up in the last couple of years (including the one I’m sitting in), now it’s looking more and more like the skyline from NYC everyday.

I’d guess that’s the same with other West Coast cities including Vancouver BC @fearlessfrog? it’s been about 15 years since Iast visited, but I suspect the nice small city is now a busy skyscraper big city? Reminds me need to try and install the Vancouver+ scenery in P3D, haven’t installed that in FSX for a few years.

1 Like

Yep, it’s got a lot busier in the last 10 years or so here. The downtown core has a quite a few more tall guys, and the Condo market went crazy, but the biggest difference is the surrounding burbs sort of turned into cities as well. All those cities have now just grown to meet each other’s borders and ‘Metro Van’ is heading for about 2.5 million people now. Geographically we’ve got the border to the South (they get funny about building over that) and the sea to the West, with enormous mountains to the North. It squeezes the city like toothpaste up the river valley to the East.

1 Like

Sure was…that was the home of Larkin Helicopters or whatever… One of the best helo “games” ever…

3 Likes

Take on helicopters was great.

Pre work coffee before continuing dismantling 747 engines. We got a few indoor gardens to have a hot Coco and wait for all of this to blow over :wink:

2 Likes

@Home, drawing for and with the kids. I really needed this…

PS: picked the wrong photo… this is right. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

[quote=“TheAlmightySnark, post:762, topic:1282, full:true”]

[/quote]

No Mudspike mug? Is this how far we’ve fallen?

3 Likes

The mug is for proper freshly grinded coffee at home, I shall not sully it with the acceptable but not satisfying instant mix that these machines spit out!

The coco is great though, like properly good. The coffee is quite alright and atleast consistent.

Perhaps I might take the mug on a tour through the facility if we have a lack of turbines to work on :wink:

3 Likes