Where You Are Photos

If we ever have a Mudspike Meet Up - we will all be required to bring:

4 Likes

Last June I picked up running seriously again, and now i have a watch that tracks my heartrate throughout the day and exercises, keeps track of my location when running, and a whole ton of other cool features.

So far, I am woefully impressed! Haven’t gone for a run yet though, just got it setup.

2 Likes

Nice! I’ve been looking at those myself. Let me know how it performs on runs when you take it out for a spin.

1 Like

So, I did a thing last night:

7 Likes

:smile: Me…when I “do a thing”…I get some gourmet cupcakes or some exotic six pack of beer. @Navynuke99 buys a car…

1 Like

Will do, so far did a few quick indoor exercises.

Is it the one that also tracks swims, etc?

Yep, biking, swimming, indoor running and ‘other’, whatever that means. Still making my way through the manual, it looks like most tracking features need a few outdoor runs to get properly calibrated like the VO2 max and HR zones.

4 Likes

That’s a nice car!

Beautiful @Navynuke99. Vorsprung durch Technik!

2 Likes

@fearlessfrog danke.

Continuing with the theme of “Where you’ve been” rather than “Where you are…”

Earlier this year:

10 Likes

Smooth. I always love German products- as my (German) wife can attest. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Spoken like a true Italian! :smiley:

2 Likes

Theoretically maybe weight lifting? Or cross training/ fit type things?

Hey @boomerang10 nice shots. In the second one, is the WSO grabbing his ankles for the recovery?

This was my sky at work today

https://youtu.be/svSbB2a7YOc

https://youtu.be/JUJnPaTsGqY

4 Likes

I think so, I tried indoor cycling, but it didn’t register properly, although the manual tells me to first do an outside activity. It seems like ‘other’ requires the GPS to track.

It has a indoor running activity. So I suppose that could work.

First impressions after my first outside run: holy-statistical-defecation, there’s a ton of data that can be used to improve health in a multitude of ways. Been wearing it for the last 24 hours so it can track my step count, my heart rate and sleep rythm. Interesting stuff, and Garmin Connect+ is quite neat, all the data is presented in a no-nonsense webform or with the phone application. You can also use this to upload new widgets to the watch(navigation for example) or watch faces.

So far I am quite impressed. I also like that it shows me new messages on the watch face, especially when working on equipment, I know instantly if its important or not.

1 Like

Does it yell at you when you are eating a pizza? Like I am. Right now.

“Don’t eat that. Put that down. Go for a run and drink some water instead.”

And note I said “a” pizza. Not a slice…like a whole pizza. LOL

1 Like