Where You Are Photos

Destination Christmas:

Cool…! Ever been to Savannah Smiles Dueling Piano Bar? They blew my mind when I requested System of a Down and they played Chop Suey!

1 Like

Ooh, I haven’t. Last time I was in Savannah was 13 years ago, for St. Patrick’s Day. My memory of that weekend is kinda blurry…

1 Like

Somebody’s Christmas wish is gonna come true in a big way tonight (I try not to think too much about the other side of that coin…)

8 Likes

Good luck to them and clear skies to you Beach. Merry Christmas

1 Like

It’s been ~10 years last time I was inside a Cessna. It feels nice to need only tach, airspeed indicator and altimeter.

8 Likes

I’ve been enjoying cruising around in a piper Cherokee, after the strike eagle it feels like I have all the time in the world. Very relaxing :slight_smile:

In the meantime me and the pater familias burning down the brush pile

Whilst the sisters and mom bake all the things

3 Likes

Greetings from Tybee Island!

l

2 Likes

Are you digging for the bomb?

1 Like

is name is navy nuke. Coicidence? I think not!

1 Like

A cold Christmas day. About -5 C or about ‘bloody cold’ in imperial measurements.

The ground is warmer than the air for sure…

Unimpressed dog is unimpressed. Metal bridge is cold on the feet.

Hard to tell where the snow stops and the mist starts here…

This is Canada, therefore a Beaver dam in progress.

It’s working too, as the river is rising up-stream of it for sure and the river has unfrozen in the last couple of days.

Dog wondering when all this will be over with and he can get back to the fire.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Man…those are some beautiful pictures! It was about 60F here today…wearing shorts out flying the drone…LOL…

4 Likes

In Williamsport, PA…waiting for the zombie apocalypse to break out (it looks like it should…I wonder where The Winchester is…)

3 Likes

I’ve been there! Probably not that street specifically, but something something little league capital of the US! Yay!

2 Likes

My parents used to live in Bath, NY. To get there from most points south involved driving through the town, and right past the Little League Hall of Fame and the beautiful ballpark they have there on State Route and 15.

The only other bright side was some fairly curvy, hilly roads just a bit north of there that were fun in the summer.

1 Like

Browsing some flea markets in lovely San Daniele del Friuli (home of the real Prosciutto, pictures of the town will come as soon as wife unload her camera. I’m not allowed to touch it after the Christmas 2008 happenings) when I spot these pieces…

Chilling.
It was actually surprising how many people were selling loads and loads of those.
Beside that there were logbooks, ledgers, workers permit and even potato sacks of… those guys.
Shouldn’t these belong to museums?
Another guy was selling the rainbow medal for the end of WW I.

PS: If this material is too sensitive or unwelcome please tell me and I’ll remove it.

I have to check but some of those look fake to me.
The Nazis seldomly placed the swastika horizontally, in 99% of the cases it stood on its tip.

1 Like

Ok, this may be an exception, looks like a “Mutterkreuz” (mother’s cross), and that one really had it that way.

One is a medal of the Kyffhäuserbund it seems, not very rare so it might be real:

Two of them are DAF medals:

Others are sports badges of the SA. Not very rare either so probably authentic.

Also some commemorative medals of some events like youth summits.
…and I am too lazy right now to research more of those, sorry! :smiley:

Note: And of course selling, producing or publicly wearing any of those would be illegal in Germany. I have no problem with those, they are just part of some old state that doesn’t exist anymore, but some people still take that crap seriously…

1 Like