Where You Are Photos

Spring has arrived in Germany:

5 Likes

It is as well here in North Carolina.

Thankfully, I bought my bread and milk on Wednesday.

As a fun aside, the majority of the snow, at least in this area, was gone by noon.

Yeah…we are a big mud pit now. Of course, they are forecasting 28F tonight…so there will probably be a county-wide panic about melting and refreezing and they’ll cancel school until June.

2 Likes

Life and Death In The Desert

For some context:

[quote]

It can take 10 years for a saguaro cactus to reach 1 inch in height. By 70 years of age, a saguaro cactus can reach 6 and a half feet tall, and will finally start to produce their first flowers. By 95-100 years in age, a saguaro cactus can reach a height of 15-16 feet, and could start to produce its first arm.[/quote]

8 Likes

For those of you who like panaromas and pixels: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMn7lH0dOwytVSbgihsJIS5dN0TtlLquXjMjJl_xcYJUTh5clDbBmDn_btI_y3miw?key=djZGYXplQlg1ZVlOa19oY2FIRE1CUzhERDVhczZ3

1 Like

This stuff is pretty good @chipwich - brewed in Asheville, NC. Nice flavor…definitely a bit of a stout Sam Adams flavor to it…

3 Likes

Hmmm, Highland.

I would also recommend Wicked Weed while you’re at it.

3 Likes

Yes, Highland and Wicked Weed both definitely excellent breweries. Highland is more traditional and Wicked Weed more crafty. Much goodness to be had at both. I love the Highland Thunderstruck Coffee Porter and Wicked Weed’s Pernicious should not be missed. Not too hard to find in Atlanta.

2 Likes

@chipwich, ever tried any of the Gizmo beers? They’re another one of my favorites here.

1 Like

Chasing the moon tonight…

3 Likes

Sir Arthur Wellesley approves…

Red Breast 21 year…maybe posts dont make sense from here on out…

4 Likes

Got my corned beef and cabbage (and potatoes) going as well. Alas, no beer tonight as I’m on call…

6 Likes

Came home to a wonderful aroma, apprope St. Patty’s Day!

2 Likes

Lady Chipwich and I are taking in a Georgia Swarm game.

4 Likes

Ya’ gotta drink an Irish beer then…

1 Like

Ugh. Got nailed with a horrible stomach virus last night. 0/10 recommend.

1 Like

Chicken or mushrooms yesterday?

Almost time for the game to start -

2 Likes

Chicken pho…which usually sets fine with me, but I probably picked up a virus from the little guy. He is a walking Petri dish…

10 Likes