Where You Are Photos

5 Likes

7 Likes

So how much do I need to donate to mudspikeroo​ for you to steal me that Sparrowhawk III HUD?

Also mozeltov on finding a capable RIO!

EDIT: Also I spy a TF-9J Cougar in behind that Prowler. Anyone want to make one of those for DCS?

4 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

MiG-21 suit…I probably wouldn’t fit!

2 Likes

I keep forgetting how tiny the F-5 is…

1 Like

Guess the aircraft…

1 Like

A-4?!

(I will exclaim as I see fit forums!)

1 Like

Negative Ghostrider!

Welp, I’m stumped. Google has eliminated the F-4D, F-8, F-11, F-9, F-105, F-102, F-104 and FJ-Fury. I know it’s not an A-7.

Are you sure? :grin:

What are the purpose of these wheel things on the fins of this missile?

Shhhh! He’s “sick” out of school today! Daddy does great sick days… :grin:

4 Likes

I’d say little generators. Spins with wind and make electricity. But I’ve been wrong before… :slight_smile:

Rollerons, I think they manipulate the flight control surfaces?

Edit: Apparently they provide gyroscopic precession to free-hinging control surfaces in the tail that prevent the missile from spinning in flight.

4 Likes

So they significantly played with the cockpit layout from the A-7A to the D and E

(also lol, I’ve sat in this one)

Correct!

I’m just saying, when the Tomcat comes out you just need to teach him how to work the radar and you’re set!

2 Likes

…and I’m cursing this coordination meeting I couldn’t get out of. Tomcats >> attractive lighting vendors.

5 Likes

No no no, when the dogfight gets really hairy and they’re zipping around on the deck, sometimes the missile will actually tip off the ground for an angle shot post-release similar to something you’d see a tennis player do to induce spin.

This lets the missile come at the bandit from an odd angle- the wheels are there to make sure the missile rolls on the ground instead of skidding, which can reduce accuracy.

:yum:

The rollers provide gyroscopic precession as stated above, those tabs they are on are kept locked and as the missile separates the slipstream spins up the wheels and the tabs are unlocked, basically giving it auto stabilization

1 Like