WinWing F-16 Viper Throttle/Hotas

Finally someone is making a Viper Throttle and Hotas for Home Sim users

https://fox2.wwsimstore.com/p/338.html

4 Likes

yes and it was released yestarday. Would make for a good replacement for my aging cougar…

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this. I have the Orion with the Hornet grips and now I can use these for F-16 and A-10C among others.

1 Like

Yea….I like this modular approach….you can also connect their “Black Shark”Helo Collective as well….kinda cool.

So some delivered pics have appeared on rhotas …by the looks of it…not too shabby

12 Likes

I like their modular approach!

2 Likes

So I pulled the trigger on The Viper Grip/Throttle and the Black Shark Collective…I have only set up the Collective so far….first impression…very solid piece of kit…incredible amount of switches and axis…love the twist throttle on Huey…it definitely scratches the collective itch I’ve had since Virpil’s release last spring .I feel a little better about the purchase since I’ll be able to attach The Viper grip to the same throttle.

7 Likes

One pic…? One pic is all we get?

More GIF by Shorty Awards

4 Likes

……but that’s like….1000 words!!! :grinning:

7 Likes

Something unexpected but really nice is the addition of 6”Hidden “ buttons on the Collective Box…4 on side 2 on bottom

These are very handy for VR users to map UI Layer Functions

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s not a bad idea… And kudos for keeping them small and out of sight like that.

Did that have a twist grip throttle too…?

1 Like

Yes…I believe that’s the only type they offer

1 Like

That’s an incredibly nice setup Phantom88. Flying the Huey must be a joy.

1 Like

Very nice! I’m kinda doing the same with several buttons in my simpit now, adding small, out of the way buttons for things like kneeboard, NVGs, etc.

1 Like

:+1: :slight_smile: :+1: Thank You Very Much Guy’s

1 Like

Thank us by showing us the Viper throttle in action…! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

After a delay due to Lunar holiday, my grips are finally moving again. Eager to see how they work.

1 Like

I’m having too much Fun right now “Pulling for Power

But I’ll have some time this weekend to put The Viper Grip together :star_struck:

3 Likes

Oh Nice! Once my packages “3 boxes” left China shipping was smooth…but they did get delayed in China because of customs I believe

I’m back!! Ok…did the swap from Collective to Viper Grip…uninstalled Collective =super easy…Installing Viper Grip….Moderately Awkward…well over an hr.

The problem is adjusting the height and distance away from throttle base for the afterburner/cut off detents to operate smoothly.I suggest making sure you assemble on a large flat surface.

First impressions…… :grinning: A W E S O M E!! The throttle axis is very smooth…grip has a amazing feel…buttons all work great with a very nice response

The grip also comes with 2 “Hidden “ buttons and a hat switch with depress on Radar elevation knob…These are not on the real Viper throttle but they are very handy for VR Flying

Also…I was able to set up my axis via DCS rather than using WinWing “Simpro” software…There have been some complaints on hoggit and DCS forums about the software creating a export lua.file that causes stuttering and FPS drops in VR.

So after a few Viper flights I’m very happy with the quality…I’m hoping now that the side rail is built and adjusted the swap back and forth with the collective will go much more smoothly…The throttle body does have detents built in as it’s also used for the hornet.So you can use the throttle/grip with out the side wall and have afterburner detents.

Now…Off to Red Flag Exercise :grinning:

10 Likes