WinWing F-16 Viper Throttle/Hotas

Awesome. I’m green with envy there @Phantom88

I LOVE the addition of “admin buttons”. Exact replicas are nice but I have to make mine do double/triple/quadruple-duty, and more, so if a replica has extra buttons that’s great IMO.

Thanks for the info! :+1:

4 Likes

I’m curious… Is the throttle grip able to hold up and function effectively without the rail?

2 Likes

Hello Trevor…I believe it will…I see no advantage in the side rail other than Afterburner/Idle/Cutoff detents…Ana again The afterburner detents are available on the throttle body anyway…as the throttle body is originally for the Hornet.

I plan on disassembling this week and putting on The Collective…I’ll be sure to test The Viper Grip without the side rail before I do ….I’ll check back and let you know :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate it and will be standing by. My space is starting to get limited, so I’m looking to see where I can maximize what’s left.

1 Like

Is there a way to lock the pivoting of the throttle handle, or does it depend on that roller wheel…?

1 Like

I want to say Yes…but I’ll need to make sure before giving a definitive answer.

1 Like

So this pinky lever actually unlocks the throttle from the side rail…but I want to test further as I don’t believe I needed to use this to engage afterburner …I’ll disassemble tomorrow and give you guys some answers

3 Likes

Flash News OK…back with some updates…I removed the side rail from the throttle base…no issues…performs perfectly without it.Cutoff/Military/Afterburner detents are all present in throttle body.

***Throttle Movement *** Ok so you can lift the throttle (approximately 10%) before you need to use pinky lever to totally disengage it.I believe this 10% tilt is what’s used to go into afterburner with side rail attached.
But this is really a mute point since you need to physically pull up on it.
It’s really not a factor for normal use.

8 Likes

Neat! Thanks for confirming for us that it works…

I understand you’ve put the collective grip on now? Was that an easy process? Are there any configuration annoyances you have to go through (like changing the grip on a Virpil base :hot_face:)?

3 Likes

good looking hw there Phantom88. these guys are offering cool stuff.

2 Likes

The switch back to Collective is relatively easy,6 screws I think

4 Likes

Thanks for replying - is there any software configuration you need to go through or does the base just recognise the buttons normally at next boot?

2 Likes

Are the detents present when using the collective? Do they cause any issues?

1 Like

WinWing have a Software called “Simpro” you can adjust and test all your buttons and Calibrate axis in there.
I was able to map everything in DCS without it…funny though I could not get my Control Panel to recognize my device

2 Likes

Thats funny…No…I do not notice detents in Collective…I don’t believe it travels the full range of the throttle

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. This is what I was hoping to hear.

2 Likes

What was that ‘sidepanel’ thing on the F16 throttle on the first few pics?

It looks absolutely horrific.

2 Likes

Lol…That’s The Siderail to control the Cutoff/Military/Afterburner detents to be used with the throttle grip….I agree…The throttle looks much better without it :grinning:

3 Likes

Like a '73 Coupe De Ville, more metal for your money.

3 Likes

But I can imagine those detents/stops feel great though… :wink:

1 Like