WMR & Windows Update 20H2 KB5001330 Fix

Looks like WMR seems to stop this Windows 10 update from being installed. It contains a bunch of security updates, so worth checking if yours installed ok.

To get around the WMR issue (again, this happened before):

A copy here in-case it gets edited:

In short you don’t necessarily need to uninstall WMR entirely:

• Disconnect HMD (you can unplug the power on the breakout box of the HP Reverb G2)
  • Open administrative command prompt (right-click and run as administrator or type “cmd.exe” in your start menu and press ctrl+shift+enter)
  • Run “dism /online /remove-capability /capabilityname:Analog.Holographic.Desktop~~~~0.0.1.0”
  • Re-Run windows update, reboot and re-connect your HMD

This procedure does not require you to set up WMR from scratch after the procedure and saves you some time.

4 Likes

Is 21H1 out? I haven’t seen it available yet.

2 Likes

My bad in the title, the update is ‘Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2’, I’ll update. That’s the update that won’t go on for some with WMR.

1 Like

Thanks for the notification, I had no idea this update was failing/missing on my machine!

Lovely syntax! Yum!

1 Like

Did not know this was an issue.
Will check!
Thanks for the heads up, @fearlessfrog

1 Like

Not sure this is the right spot but…

Spent the evening in “DCS RAGE!”. I don’t want to talk about it…:frowning:

However, one of the issues was my VR headset tracking. Been getting worser and worser (yes, that’s a valid word in this case :slight_smile: ) and the last two days was – grrrr!

So, what the hay. Uninstalled WMR then RE-installed via Steam (WMR for Steam VR - I have no idea what the diff is between WMR and WMR For Steam VR as they look/act the exact same - other than just to make things more confusing for someone’s entertainment). But I digress…

Tracks like a shiny new headset now (fingers crossed). Even looked a teensy, weensy bit clearer and maybe even smoother? (Same settings in SteamVR) Maybe?

So, if WMR is giving you fits, or you suspect it may be one [of the many] weak links in the chain, give it a go I say. Took only about 10 minutes total.

I did have setup issues with the controllers (O+); it found them, then it didn’t. And would not. But I don’t use them. Somehow it all worked on the second go of running DCS.

G’Nite.

3 Likes

I’ve had a weird issue my last half a dozen DCS MP flights in that when I die (oh…that happens VERY rarely…yeah…) and respawn back on the carrier, sometimes (not all the time) I get a really laggy performance. I don’t know if it is DCS reloading textures or digging my grave or whatever…but anyway…ALT-TABBING out and back in solves it. Weird. And I have had great luck with moving my taskbar to the right side of the screen…I haven’t had any reoccurrence of the Out of Focus problems I was having last month.

I’ve heard about that one. No MP issues for me but, well, TODAY IS THE DAY! Maybe. I get a real internet connection. I’m waiting patiently?

1 Like

Are you out there digging the trench for them? Man…I’d love to get Google fiber or similar out here where I live. I should feel lucky that we even have Spectrum since we are pretty far out in the woods.

I should have. Wife wasn’t happy with the job they did. I get a modem today. In fact, I need to install my 1G NIC now before they get here. Later…

1 Like

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/april-13-2021-kb5001330-os-builds-19041-928-and-19042-928-cead30cd-f284-4115-a42f-d67fec538490

Scroll down, click the link that says Known Issue Rollback Group Policy. It gave me my DCS frames back. It’s a small .msi file, an installer of sorts. It unf$&%s KB5001330. They say that should happen automagically, but it don’t hurt to make sure it did.

Direct link to the rollback MSI here (I think, I didn’t need it as yet):

https://download.microsoft.com/download/e/e/e/eee62513-e95c-4d8a-99f8-2c1d62f15b0b/Windows%2010%20(2004%20&%2020H2)%20Known%20Issue%20Rollback%20042121%2001.msi

1 Like
© 2021 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ