Wrecking Crew Projects

Wrecking Crew Projects got some v1.5.3 mission updates and two added missions – my old fav 'Nuke Plant, and a refactored Kobuleti Maru. Nuke Plant has A-10s going after four cooling towers and their associated support units, while dodging MiGs and opening a pathway through a few TORs. Happy to see that TORs no longer shoot down Mav Ds, but that doesn’t make the TOR any less dangerous to us Hawgs. Kobuleti Maru is now a stand-alone mission from what had been a 5-mission campaign; look for more of these over the next few months. Kob Maru is a lot of fun for Combined Arms players and has slots for the M2000 and Gazelle. Both of these missions can go for days until the objectives are met, or last for just a few hours depending upon how persistent and lethal you are. Enjoy!

A Paladin in Kobuleti Maru -

3 Likes

Nice!

Rippa mate

Hey, I saw your post from a month ago with the server not showing up, I don’t know if its down or just not showing up for me, but since you had mentioned it was a problem I figured I’d point it out. Just today since about noon.

Edit: Its back for me, and I got dropped randomly and I couldn’t reconnect while we we’re playing CA… but thats probably on my end

Yep, happened again in the past couple days - the server was still going but not on the list in MP lobby, it had frozen up. Had a crash yesterday in an updated Kobuleti Maru that kicked me out. It did run all night and is on the list now.

Good to see you here, Andrew.

I’m having a blast with Combined Arms. It is very fun fighting on the Red side with you guys in the Blue A-10s.

Really liked the Kobuleti Maru, just wish I could have logged a lil more M2000 time… next time lol

1 Like

Uploaded latest fixes and new stuff to the v1.5 Mission page on Wrecking Crew Projects. Finished up Kobuleti Maru and introduced Streets Of Kutaisi; these two missions follow a west to east sequence from the Black Sea coast eventually ending up at Tbilisi.

The Erl Sis mission is becoming a favorite with newly added Red and Blue jet fighter action and AI opponents, and more armor for Combined Arms battle – Red has lots of artillery. Blue will need A-10 support against Red tanks.
CBU-97 strike on the RR Yard in Erl Sis -

I do like CBU-97s. Can I get a hot cup of coffee?

A fun Combined Arms only mission, Tanks Vs. Tanks is a quick play when taking the Tactical Commander slot for either coalition and fighting the AI, but defeat can still come easily enough by your own mistakes. Find yourself up against another Tactical Commander and see who is the King Of Battle.

All armor units in this mission are set to Random Skill (because I think the stenken Russian T-90s can best the M1A2s when both have the same skill setting!)

1 Like

21-Aug-2106 – More missions for DCS v1.5.4 -
A follow-on Tanks vs Tanks mission, the original being the Tri-State Airports mission at Tbilisi-Soganlug-Vaziani. This new Tanks vs Tanks II mission is in Nalchik Gap - Red armor battles Blue in the river basin between Nalchik and Beslan.

Another new mission called NAVEX is available for F-15C and M-2000C fighters. Take your shiny new jets up the coastline from Poti to Novo and check out the beach as you go. Practice take-offs from Kutaisi and follow the flight path to your destination at Krasnordar-Pashkovsky. Read the brief and decide if you want to fight MiGs and prevent SEAD attacks on Krasnodar airbase.

4 Likes

Been in the thick of it lately with the NAVEX mission for F-15Cs, and now a new project for the Red side MiG-21 is in the works. Been so buried as of late that it is now time to do some weekend flying. The Highway, the old favorite, will be playing on Hollo Pointe for the next couple of days. Lots of Blue a/c - it’s a COOP - and H2H Combined Arms that always gets interesting outcomes.

2 Likes

I really need to get back inti the Frogfoot…such an awesome plane…

1 Like

For Combined Arms owners who want to get some fun in without the overhang of silly pilots, the Tanks vs Tanks series now offers three missions armor o armor. Choose Red or Blue and hone your CA awareness. “It all depends upon the nature of the terrain, Sir!”

The Canadians are coming! The Canadians are coming!

:moyai:““Are you sure you’re providing adequate time for other people to share their points of view, too?””
_ :moyai:Well, it’s not like I don’t let let them, or anything._

3 Likes

Updates to the v1.5 mission page on WC Projects site –
Erl Sis has both Labels Optional & Off that can be run on a server and a player can switch between.

NAVEX sees the MiG-31s move to Gelendzhik Airbase which will surely make the mission more interesting. This mission has slots for F-15C and M-2000 a/c.

2 Likes
  • Wrecking Crew walks back into the room.

Been away too long, getting back the need… Had a great time at the Fly-In a month ago, but was grounded by flight surgeon’s orders that night - it’s been a rough month of cold and sinus and root canal in a perfect storm.
Got an old favorite up on Hollo Pointe this week called Red Square Parade. That faithful Hollo Pointe server just got a maintenance tune-up, and it is good to go by all accounts.

Looking forward to this again.

3 Likes

Awesome. That ship looks like viggen bait :wink:

2 Likes

Figs are friends, not food!

This ship is your enemy, he fights for getting rid of :f111:s

2 Likes

He’s my Frenemy mind you very much.

I’d say it got rid of Lightnings too, but gravity and good taste got to the punch before it could.

Added Tanks vs Tanks mission, # 05, Lost Lakes. In this, each armor group can drop off an RPG team to help fight their position. This mission is in rolling hill country, and the terrain is a challenge in itself.

This C-130 left some interesting cargo …

An RPG team for every armored group –

The assault –

The Wrecking Crew Projects DCS v1.5 Missions page is updated with the latest mission saves.

2 Likes

NAVEX has an update -
A fun mission for F-15Cs and M-2000C - made changes so the Blue pilots will be challenged much sooner when initiating a fight. Fly directly over Sukhumi, Sushi or Novo to start Red aircraft on the way to make your day, or not.

This version adds FLAK above Red airbases.

A good mission for all skill levels. Novice flyers can fly just off course to the Blue bases without triggering Red fighters. Experienced pilots can practise wingman commands.

2 Likes

I like the NAVEX mission for the Caucasus region so much that we now have a NAVEX Nevada. Both missions are for the F-15C and M-2000C (can’t wait to add the Viggen). As in the original NAVEX, you are tasked with going to waypoints over friendly airbases, and if you choose to fly directly over a base you will be greeted with a not-so-friendly pair of enemy fighters.

This is my first DCS v2 mission. It offers a route over the much of the Nevada map, with waypoints at six airfields. Take off from Nellis, fly to Laughlin, Creech and others before landing at Groom Lake AFB. You can download the mission at the WC Projects site.

3 Likes