X-Plane 11 Screens

I read an article somewhere about a few faithful diehard owners who are still out there. One guy bought two others just for parts. It flew ok but it was slow, noisy and landed jet-fast.

The “drop tanks” are in fact for storage and are removable. I’m sure there isn’t a whole lot of room in there but enough for a small bag each side I would guess.

As a devout introvert, storage is the other seat. Plus I fit enough in the 2 sq/ft turtledeck to camp through a contest weekend. If you know what you are doing, space becomes a liability.

Yeah, most of the EZs that I’ve seen have it on the floor between the pilot’s legs. I should have added that John Denver was a huge talent and the day was a sad one for aviation and American music fans.

Paging mr. @PaulRix.
Question for you, above.
I need to know, man…

X-Plane 11 Screens - #602 by Troll

The water certainly appears to be 3D. As soon as I get home this afternoon I will take a closer look and change the time of day to see if the shadows on the sea floor move. It is pretty convincing as you fly overhead.

1 Like

Inspired by your post Paul I downloaded the FSE and testing

2 Likes

Looking good! Are you using Reshade or just FSE on it’s own?

without Reshade

@Troll… So, a quick test shows that the water does have some depth, but the boat shadows are painted on the bottom and are fixed in place, no matter what angle the sun is at. Another weird thing is that the surface of the sea is actually hard, as in you can taxi onto it, which was a bit of a shock when I tried to land a seaplane in the bay just beyond the runway. The plane’s shadow is projected onto the sandy sea floor though. It still looks good if you just fly over it.

2 Likes

Ok… So they made a sort of glass surface?

That would be a good way to describe it. Pity really as it would be a great place to use a seaplane.

Yeah. I thought we finally had a sim with true 3D water.

Kerbal Space Program does :wink: .

1 Like

This could be the start of a long trek (we will see how far I get).

Departing Austin Bergstrom Intl (KAUS) …

The GTN750 makes navigation a breeze…

Cruising over a scattered layer near Dallas.

I wanted to land at Meigs, but the weather wasn’t great. Following @smokinhole’s example, I shot the ILS approach to 31C at Midway, and then broke off for a visual approach to Meigs once I was below the weather…

Meigs in sight! The landing was uneventful…

Next morning, the start of leg 2…

Here we go…

Before long we are in the cruise, enjoying the view. I’m using Ultra-Weather 2.3 for this flight. The clouds look pretty good!

Flying over the town of Zanesville, Ohio. I lived here for 10 years before moving to Texas.

On final for 04 at Zanesville Municipal airport (KZZV). This little airport is where I got my first big break into flying professionally. The XP11 scenery isn’t particularly accurate, but at least the runway and taxiway layout is correct now (In XP10 the taxiways were on the wrong side of the runways).

Clear of the runway…

My next leg will be a short hop to Allegheny County airport (KAGC), another one of my regular haunts from my King Air days. I’ll try to make that hop tomorrow.

8 Likes

I live about 30 miles from Zanesville :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A few shots of the X-Trident Bell 412. I haven’t delved into it’s more advanced features, but it is certainly fun to fly.

I’m not sure why the Los Angeles Fire Department saw fit to send a Bell 412 to Corfu, but I am sure the crew wasn’t complaining :wink: .

11 Likes

Wow…two of those look like actual photographs…I did a double-take!

1 Like

Same here.

–T

I sometimes have to look twice at photographs to make sure they are not from X-plane 11. To me 11 looks absolutely stunning!

2 Likes