X-Plane 11 Screens

For a smaller machine, yeah, the Airbus concept sure looks like way to go. But if you grew it to V-22 size, wouldn’t you have retreating blade stall/vibration issues? I don’t know. I only play a helicopter expert on Mudspike.

2 Likes

I picked up VSkyLabs’ latest release, the Guimbal Cabri G2 light helicopter. It’s very easy to fly… possibly a little too docile for a 'copter of this size, but maybe with modern stability augmentation this is how it should be. Great for stress free sight seeing in VR though.

5 Likes

If you break an arm again anytime soon you should be our designated X-Plane release guest reviewer… :smile:

3 Likes

And I know for sure you are going to be our NextGen VR hardware reviewer… :laughing:

3 Likes

Hopefully I won’t be breaking more bones anytime soon. I wouldn’t mind trying my hand at some reviews though, assuming you guys can put up with my less than perfect writing.

3 Likes

On the X-Plane forum, a reviewer who implied some personal experience in type also complained that it is too easy to hover and too little pedal is needed to counteract torque. The dev replied that flying a helicopter need not “be a suicide mission”. So there seemed to be some pushback against any assertion that the model might be too stable. However he did concede some errors (carb heat, autorotation RPM and responsiveness) and promised a few changes with an update this week with more refinement to follow. Looks promising.

3 Likes

Always nice to get real world feedback so developers can tweak what they might think is the right model…

2 Likes

Taking the so-so Wilson DC-8 out for a flight around the so-so Drzerwhiskyshot Miami XP with a so-so coupled ILS to a so-so landing…

7 Likes

:joy:

Hello :slight_smile:

In loving memory of the now defunk Mudspike Air Delivery :hourglass:

5 Likes

Must be beer in those crates…

Well done EightBall. You’ve got some film making chops for sure. The MUD livery is alive and well on my system.

I had some x-plane.org points burning a hole in my pocket. I’m not sure if I can endure hours on end looking at the very rough cockpit, but she’s easy enough on the eye when viewed from outside…

5 Likes

The 2D panel seems to have had the designers focus, perhaps worth using?

1 Like

You have to fly it using the 2D cockpit because the 3D pit is non functional. I saw a post from earlier this year where the author acknowledges that it needs a proper 3D cockpit, so maybe eventually that will happen.

2 Likes

OK, ok… what’s the cheapest way to get on the X-plane boat? I mean… flying boat? Or… well, that?
It looks pretty amazing.
Is there an A-6 for X-plane?

(I’m at work so I really can’t google too much…)

2 Likes

@komemiute I’m afraid this is the best :a6: we have…
2 major versions old and no 3D cockpit.

Only the most dedicated fan of the :a6: would fly all the way from Italy to a Pacific island in a model this outdated.

If only there were a pilot like that on this forum…
I would probably be willing to be their Bombardier/Navigator… planning the route, sleeping and occasionally waking up to tell something about the places we’re flying over.

EDIT: Did I say Italy? I meant “the other side of the world”

EDIT2: Maybe it won’t even work in X-Plane 11, but a very dedicated fan would try

1 Like

You have a way with words… :wink:

After checking the link: But… yeah- no. Not for me. I guess I saves the X-Plane 11 money! :smiley:
I’d rather fly the A-6s in Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam.

1 Like

SF2! Of course! That’s a sim I don’t have, but I was thinking about it when looking at that X-Plane model.

If you don’t have version 9 or 10 of X-Plane and a bunch of masochistic tendencies lying around, it may indeed be preferable to wait for a better Intruder model in a different simulation.

1 Like

Like DCS? :slight_smile:

1 Like