X-Plane 11 Screens

A quick flight over the UK’s Lake District to check out the new OrbX True Earth GB Central scenery…

Simply stunning!

7 Likes

My last hurrah with the Carenado sale…

8 Likes

This is probably not ultra detailed…but you and @fearlessfrog might enjoy it for bombing your home towns…!

1 Like

That looks sweet!

Nice find Chris! Thanks!!

Was playing around with fresh instal of 11.26. I didnt download any default scenery for it as I am using ortho for the parts where I fly.

Anyway I decided to land on a field located outside of my ortho coverage and there I spoted something in the distance. One beter looking moving pad :slight_smile:

5 Likes

She’s beautiful!

9 Likes

Sure is…! How’s it fly?

I have to fly her a little more, but my initial thoughts are that she has a lot of power and I’m not feeling much roll inertia for an aircraft that big. She looks magnificent though, both inside and out.

1 Like

While looking for some vintage aircraft I came across Dden’s Grumman Goose. It’s a bit of a handful on the ground roll, but definitely a nice addition to my hangar.

6 Likes

I’ve been eyeing that one for the Air Race! What is the sim detail level like?

It seems ok. I’m sure it isn’t study level, but there is enough there to chew on I think. There are several versions of the aircraft included with the package. The classic, with very basic instrumentation, then an updated version with retractable floats and better avionics. Finally, there is also a turboprop version.

1 Like

Aaw! Cutters Goose!
I watched ”Tales of the Gold Monkey” when I was a kid. Actually got it on DVD a couple of years back… Haven’t watched it again. Afraid it will shatter my illusion that it was a great show. :slight_smile:

How is Ddens Goose in VR?

1 Like

Ooh nice- I’ve looked at that one myself. Now to see if anybody has done a Scrooge McDuck/ Launchpad paint job for it…

3 Likes

@komemiute nudge nudge ?

1 Like

LOL! Yeah, ok.
If you can give me the template I’ll do that tonight- I’ll be already working on some other textures so… :wink:

It’s odd though… a duck flying a goose! :smiley:

4 Likes

Speaking of which, does anyone own the Khamsin HU-16?

It looks pretty nice but it was made for X-Plane 10. I’m on the fence, I wonder if it works properly in 11.
Supposedly Khamsin are updating it for XP11, anyone has any experience with them? Can it be expected to be a free update?

I still have that sandblaster for a few days…

2 Likes

Pretty good in VR!

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: Unofficial Carenado C152II XP11 Upgrade

This is an interesting aircraft… the VSkyLabs ContraVentus Electric powered glider. You basically climb it up with power on, and then set an effecient glide speed with the throttle back and charge the battery up by a combination of windmilling the prop to drive the motor/generator and solar panels on top of the wings. It doesn’t have ailerons, just elevator and rudder. I found out that it doesn’t handle windy conditions too well :fearful: .

Here we are departing from Cardiff, for a flight down to Exeter. It really doesn’t need a lot of runway for takeoff.

That 747 doesn’t look so big from here…

Climbing out over the Bristol Channel.

I guess I’m committed now!

Phew! Feet dry over the North Somerset coast. You can see the rolling hills of Exmoor off the right wing.

I can already see Exeter Airport. Where the river Exe widens into an estuary, is a town called Exmouth, where my Grandfather lived. I really love flying around the UK using the OrbX True Earth scenery, spotting familiar places.

Using the speedbrakes to help increase my descent rate, I set up for the landing. This is all happening at a very sedate pace.

Made it!

As I said, it is quite an interesting aircraft to fly. It really struggles with anything more than light wind conditions. For $12 it is a nice little distraction to have in your hangar.

7 Likes