X-Plane 11 Screens

10 Likes

5 Likes

Have you shut them both down and autorotated it yet? Fun stuff…

2 Likes

Looks fun :slight_smile: I have to figure out ( search this forum / web ) how to capture desktop to create videos ( so you can see me crashing some helos :wink: )

Btw your autorotation was not ’ according to the books ’ I would say but in the end all the small departures sumarized and not sumed up on you so in retrospec it was greatly executed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Recording software these days usually comes with the graphics card.

Nvidia cards can use Shadowplay,
AMD cards can use ReLive.

1 Like

btw @Sryan it was almost perfect post, almost… you created 766 th post :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dang! maybe @BeachAV8R can move his post to be above mine???

just noticed this cool looking airport in JustFlight video… need to download Ortho for that place

6 Likes

Here I am flying out of Courchevel once a few years back. It was an exciting end to my trip there…

2 Likes

Woah, and you had the opportunity to fly the Junkers PC-6! The infamous Porka…or the Stuter…can’t remember.
Lucky you :smile:

2 Likes

…and you should see my girlfriend on that trip…

2 Likes

The current Carenado sale was too good to ignore…

7 Likes

I always considered the 1900D as what you get when you take a beautiful aircraft design (the King Air B200) and then let the engineers make it ‘better’, resulting in kind of an ugly duck… but it’s kind of growing on me…

4 Likes

Yes, indeed it does. I haven’t flown it in a while, but if you find that it behaves badly in ground effect, there is an easy edit to give the horizontal stabilizers more authority.

1 Like

Thanks Dan, I’ll fly it some more and if I find the ground effect unrealistic I will come knocking for details of that edit.

I’m getting a nice collection of aircraft suitable for hauling freight now. In my virtual hangar I have the C207, C208, Quest Kodiak, Piper Navajo, and the B1900. That should keep me going in Air Hauler for quite some time!

3 Likes

How is the Skymaster?
Especially concerning realism in cockpit modeling and the flight model.

1 Like

All I can tell you at this point is that it looks great. I have flown it just a little bit and it seemed fine at first glance. I have to leave early tomorrow for work, so I won’t be able to really play around with it much this coming week. For the sale price I would say it is well worth it (at first glance). As a rule of thumb with Carenado aircraft, they look great and fly convincingly, but don’t expect too much depth when it comes to systems modeling. If you are ok with that (I certainly am) then the Carenado aircraft provide a great experience.

2 Likes

Yeah…some of the older Carenado aircraft seem to work fine in XP11. You might see a quirk here or there with engine oil temperatures and EGTs and stuff…but they remain flyable.

The Carenado (or is it Alabeo) Pitts S2S flies very little like a Pitts. Not their fault really as I am sure it isn’t an easy plane to get right. But knowing it as well as I do means I will not trust that developer without verification. Meaning, I need someone I trust who has flown the real thing to say, “in this instance they did ok.”

1 Like

hello yellow helo

12 Likes