X-Plane 11 Screens

LOL…Mudspike needs it’s own Winchester…

1 Like

I’ve made that building for Cities Skylines, haven’t gotten around to properly texturing it yet since I’m a bit terrible at that.

Into the fog! I hope it won’t get worse.

1 Like

I really think X-Plane 11 has some fantastic environmental effects. They really got the haze and visibility modeling down pretty well. Yeah…the clouds need some work (I’m using SkyMaxx in these shots)…but overall…just really impressed with XP11…

2 Likes

you should be in elite dangerous with us!

I’d love to…but I’ve unfortunately got a magazine deadline looming, so I gotta do some “work” as it were…

1 Like

Amazing clouds and haze!

Is that Skymaxx 4? still trying to decide whether to do the $20 upgrade.

It is SkyMaxx 4 and Real Weather Connector - but honestly, I’d hold off and see how the stock XP11 clouds evolve…and perhaps wait to see how X-Enviro evolves as well (and hopefully drops in price). As a SMP 3 customer who enjoyed the product…it was a no brainer for the $20 upgrade…but X-Enviro does seem interesting. I guess it just depends on how patient you are…

1 Like

Tooling around SoCal in the x737 in XP11.

2 Likes

Nice to see JAR is getting the A320neo up to X-Plane 11 compliance. It was a $20 re-license fee, which I’m fine with. Only had a chance to give it a whirl around the pattern, so no idea on how fixed up the systems and everything are, but it sure looks great…!

BeachAV8R

2 Likes

Man…XP11 is just so dang gorgeous…and the default (included) MD-82 really is super nice…

Agreed. I’m hoping that FlyInside will get further developed. Had to drop back to 2D mode until things get sorted. That mesh is looking great in your Airbus screens.

In the hold after the RNP .3 missed approach at Innsbruck… Fun procedure!

1 Like

Nice! Flying online then or simulating a hold in singleplayer?

Writing an article for the “Challenging Airports” series. Innsbruck has a really cool localizer approach with an RNP .3 FMS based missed approach. It is a pretty nifty approach and miss…so I was just flying it to grab some screens.

Aah neato, have you ever flown the Juneau INTL ILS approach then? I love that one.

No - I’ll take a look at it. Bozeman/Yellowstone has a really cool RNP approach through the mountains as well:

http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1703/00059RR30.PDF

1 Like

That looks like a fun one!

RNP approaches are the way of the future when it comes to airports with terrain considerations. Hopefully the authorities will open them up to more users in the years ahead.

When I flew into Queenstown late last year, it was a severe clear day. We flew the course and altitude profile of the RNP Y RWY 23 approach (as a visual approach), and it worked beautifully. I believe only a handful of operators have approval to fly that approach in anger. Ironically, without approval, you are obliged to shoot a more conventional GPS or VOR approach that ends with a circle to land, which I consider to be a lot more dangerous.

Maybe a revisit to NZQN could be on the cards Chris? Air New Zealand operates the A318/A319 into there.

2 Likes

Nah it’s because you can make your passengers pay extra for the view. So you have to pay extra too to fly that approach! :wink: