X-Plane 11 Screens

Yea I am a sucker for up and down buttons instead of editing text files. He’s really quite humble about it but I think it’s a very nice bit of kit.

1 Like

Carenado B200 over KATL

3 Likes

What are YOU doing up at 1:20 AM…lol… Nice shot!

Thanks. Flying my first Air Hauler mission, naturally. Not in the B200. Was a C172SP PAKT - PAWG hauling animal feed. Oh the humility! From strapping young patch wearers at Red Flag 16-2 to hauling animal food. Have we sunk so low in our quest for aviation cosmic consciousness? :smiley: At least the view outside was nice.

I’m flying a side mission today…Saint Simmons Island (SSI) to Daytona Beach (DAB)… It’s actually not as exciting as I hoped it would be…

So headed down the coast from KSSI (St. Simons Island, GA) to Daytona Beach (KDAB)…just wanting to check out how X-Plane + all the weather add-ons would depict the weather. Pretty tame actually. Other than winds and turbulence, not much all that eye opening…

You did have to be very, very careful to rapidly reset the altimeter setting as you flew south…since I was flying VFR at around 500’…going from “high to low (pressure) - look out below” was certainly apt. The altimeter at Saint Simons was 29.72" while the altimeter at Daytona Beach was a staggering 28.95" - not adjusting the altimeter would drive you into the ground by a couple hundred feet…

1 Like

Trying out some recently acquired equipment.

Alabeo C404 Titan overflying Juneau, AK.

Carenado C208B Juneau to Wrangell.

2 Likes

Nice shots @chipwich, is that Juneau payware? Looks great.

Nope, freeware. Here you go my man:

Requires OpenSceneryX library:

1 Like

Sweet! Thanks.

I’m a sucker for a sale. This one is an odd one though…in that it does use a lot of scenery libraries to complete it. I’m not totally sure how I feel about that. But I have a professional interest in it because I’d like to feature Innsbruck (LOWI) in a future Challenging Airports article for the magazine…

Any-who - it looks pretty darn spiffy in X-Plane…

BeachAV8R

5 Likes

Sehr sehr schön!

2 Likes

Are you touching up those screens beach? Or is the GPU really just that good?

The only thing I did was crop them to get rid of the side menus (the aircraft specific ones) and added that tinge of vignette around the border. The color, clarity, and contrast are all directly from X-Plane. I don’t credit the GPU actually…I think most of the nice effect is coming from that Ventura Sky haze add-on. It just makes the X-Plane world very, very nice…(realistic).

1 Like

A little google fu has yielded me the Mudspike font, it’s coming along nicely!

4 Likes

Sweet…!

1 Like

No idea where to place this, but if you are looking for somewhere else to fly or a fun approach in some beautiful scenery then I can recommend Juneau INTL in Alaska. Came across this scenery yesterday when wanting to change the scenery away from the Caribbean for a little while. It’s free too!

Had to bring out the beauty in a single shot though. Consider it a hearty recommendation!

4 Likes

MisterX6 does good work.

1 Like

Muddling up a quote from one of my favourite movies :wink:

4 Likes

Indeed. He and tdg have some of the greatest freeware stuff…