X-Plane Flight Factor A320 Ultimate

Well, usually it is me getting Mudspike members to part with their hard earned cash. Not this time though! LOL.

So, I guess I’ll be studying A320 systems for the next few weeks. :sunglasses:

Thats what i like from real study level modules. You can go as deep as you want and you will always learn something new. Or you can just learn how to do an A to B flight and perfectly enjoy it.

Just a link to a very interesting CBT video channel in the Tube:

There’s a section for the Airbus family.

1 Like

I’ll be happy to go through it and make any typo edits (I doubt there are any). I think it is perfect as is.

1 Like

Speaking of the PTU, can you hear the “barking dog” from the cabin during the test?

After a few flights I am starting to get a feel for this airplane. I’m really liking it. I took a short hop today from Christchurch (NZCH) to Queenstown (NZQN) which went really well. I think the Air New Zealand livery is awesome too!

Pushback…

Climb out…

Cruising at FL240

Carefully monitoring the managed descent, which was very well done. You still have to stay on top of it though…

I fully configured nice and early as I know this RNAV approach leaves you high if you don’t transition to a visual approach early enough .

Fortunately it all worked out nicely.

Getting ready to pull into the only open parking stand. Obviously a busy day in Queenstown!

8 Likes

Fun fact, the CFM-56 7B series has a very simple fire detection system. Both an upper and lower Fire Warning Cable runs across the whole engine and once it melts or a resistance change is detected it will ring the bells. For clarity I presume it works the same on the 5B, found on this aircraft. The 7B is for the 737 with the new LEAP-1A being for Airbus and LEAP-1B being for Boeing aircraft, on the NEO and MAX generations.

I loved it! It has many pictures. As a Mechanical Engineer, that is important.:sunglasses:

Seriously, very well done.

2 Likes

I haven’t been following this thread but I did just read the article. Great read @Sine_Nomine! A few years ago I was jumpseating on my own airline. The agents let me down to the plane early where I found just the cabin crew and no pilots. That’s neither unusual nor is it a problem. But in this case the plane was unpowered. They wanted to start working the galleys and cool off the muggy cabin and, since I am in uniform and in the mind of a flight attendant all jets are the same, they asked if I could flip a few appropriate
switches so that they could get the show started. 20 years prior I was a fairly new Airbus captain and a very inexperienced check airman. I knew it like I had never known an airplane before or since. But now? I looked at that overhead and it was as foreign to me as an Ilyushin might be. Sure, I could get the battery and GPU easily enough. But do I remember the proper fire check before cranking the APU? Was there one? Is there a time limit before connecting APU bleed air? This place that was once so familiar was now oddly foreign and even a little…scary.

In the end I decided to walk away without even connecting ground power. The crew thought I was some dumb poser. As I was sheepishly explaining me reluctance, the pilots came on board and I suddenly thought how I would feel if a jumpseater had messed with my flight deck. It’s a sacred space and my reaction was a good one. I am fortunate that I didn’t have access to this module or it might have given me the refreshed knowledge and confidence to try it.

This is a long way of saying how impressive this module is. There is zero chance I would try even if gifted to me. Cygon’s Farming Simulator analogy doesn’t cut it. It’s more like an “Empty Out The Dishwasher” simulator. Pure, joyless work! But that is an underhanded compliment. The flow that he posted was so real and familiar that it is yet another example of how far this sim hobby has come.

7 Likes

NO! Keep it here. The two belong together like a husband and wife who always fight but would be much worse off apart. That hydraulic configuration you mentioned is pretty wacky. But then I only flew the -300 and beyond. All I can think of is that the weak APU and the challenging high altitude conditions you contend with required the lower draw of just one motor pump. I can’t believe we get paid to do this!

3 Likes

Nice! Very interesting to hear your perspective on the -200, I am not fortunate enough to ever have seen or touched one in real life, perhaps one day… I can only hope! Those tube engines beat a CFM-56 any day on looks alone(not performance, that’s not very good :wink: ).

1 Like

I like the cfm’s, but not as sexy as the NEO’s. Those curvy blades mmmmmmmm

1 Like

I hate to be that guy, but CFMI is the Safran(former SNECMA)/GE(General Electric) company that is producing and designing the CFM-56 engine. The NEO is the latest airbus offering in the single aisle segment to compete with the MAX. Both can use the CFMI LEAP engine(1A/1B).

So erm, you like the new Airbus, you like the new CFMI engine, or is it the PW engine found on the NEO that has your fancy? :wink:

You can be that guy. But i don’t want to be that guy also. We were talking about engines, and there is only one with funky blades, so i guess there’s your answer. I also don’t do the company procurement of aircraft, but our company has bought 320 NEO’s with engines with funky do hickies and blades. So that is all i am talking about. :wink:

Of course i could rabble on about the 186 seat retrofit, new designed seats, sharklets, the fact that the new sharklets bounce light off the glareshield into your face at night time and how they have some funky fix for that.

But we were talking engines and i don’t need to mention those things.

[edit]

This do-hickie thingy-ma-bob

1 Like

Looks like a LEAP engine although I am positive the PW1100G also has some fancy blades :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey rabble on all you want! I think @BeachAV8R allows us too :wink:

1 Like

Can i mention f111’s

1 Like

It is indeed a leap 1a

1 Like

You?

that is good news! :slight_smile:

Very exciting
I’m currently using the JarDesign A320 v3.2r2 and I often complain for bad turn anticipation, frequent AP disconnection without any reason,…

I hope that will be better manage in this plane.

One thing, I hope you publish specific your specifics data as DataRefs to be used in enhanced checklist with Xchecklist.

Alain

I’m confused…are you trying to tell me that real airplanes are not started with Ctrl E ?

Quite a shock to my system. Next thing you will be telling me is that the pilots deplane via the jet bridge, just like us mere mortal passengers, instead of using the Esc key.

…head spinning…I think I need to lay down.

1 Like