X-Plane Releases Thread (2019)

Pretty sure. Tried so many times before hit send :slight_smile:

Hanger200, I should clarify in that if you are an “OCD former intel officer”, that you might want to wait a bit on the KA350. As it is a recent release, there are the typical number of bugs to squash. None of them prevent me from enjoying the aircraft. But I tend to not flip switches until I need something, and if it doesn’t function, more often blame my incompetence, when in fact it might need a write-up. The Hot Start TBM 900 is a bit more fleshed out and is most definitely a study level aircraft.

1 Like

VMAX/FlightFactor/SteptoSky 767 Professional

On Sale at the Org Store for $57.60 (reg. $72). It’s still pricey but for me their 757 was accurate enough to be a study sim. I might get this just because the 767-300 is the best flying variant of the bunch.

1 Like

Having flown both their 757 and 767 and having written guides on both products as well… I think your assessment is correct.

1 Like

First there is an awesome Kingair 350 and now an awesome B767! You guys are not making my “GA or COMAIR” decision any easier! :smile:

(Background: With over 1,000 aircraft in my FSX hangar, I decided that I would only choose GA or COMAIR for my XP hangar…its a $ thing.)

2 posts were split to a new topic: Orbx TrueEarth US Washington for X-Plane 11

Not sure if this is functional in 3D as well…but this guy came up with a mod to add the GTN to the panel:

Oh hell yeah!

I’m seriously tempted, and this mod makes this module even more appealing… But with the Rift S just around the corner, and a close to $4000 vet bill I took care of this afternoon, I probably should wait… :crazy_face: We will see how my resolve holds up.

The sale is over but I wanted to recommend against the 767 currently. It’s not bad but there are some significant diversions from real. The 757 is a much better choice.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried the Carenado Premier 1A? It looks nice, but I’m skeptical about the systems simulation.

Looks like that mod got updated today to add more functionality:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/51824-airfoillabs-king-air-350-rxp-gtn-750-hd/

“Just completed the full integration of an RXP GTN 750 GPS unit in the Airfoillabs King Air 350. It includes fully working knobs and buttons on the 3D model, as well as a night lit version.”

3 Likes
2 Likes

It seems Brett has been around since the beginning of X-Plane itself. Find any helicopter, Free- or Payware, and his name is likely in the readme credits.

2 Likes

He sure has. He is like the “get off my lawn” guy of the .org…I love his direct manner and he is chock full of information.

1 Like

I think his title under his forum avatar is “X-Plane Curmudgeon”.

1 Like

Oh my!

Just released. Very much an early access aircraft at this point, but well, Concorde… I just had to.

10 Likes

I see @fearlessfrog winning MacRobertson Air Race :wink:

1 Like

It got me thinking that in those shots Paul posted, I was wondering if Orbx had put the static Concorde that always used to be parked at the end of 27L at EGLL Heathrow? I always used to like going past that and was wondering if it was still there.

I’m now deep in a google hole of trying to find out what happened to it. :slight_smile: (help!)

EDIT: No rocket in Orbx (always going to be a bit unlikely), but found some good info here. The static used to be on the apron, but was moved in 2006 (from when I remember seeing it a lot): https://www.heritageconcorde.com/g-boab-208

In this pic, it should be to the left of the large blue warehouse at the bottom of the image.

1 Like

The Heathrow scenery in my shots is default if I recall correctly. Of course, now I have Concorde I might have to get decent scenery for both LHR and JFK.

This could put the brakes on my air race. :thinking: