X-Plane Releases Thread (2019)

Looks like that mod got updated today to add more functionality:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/51824-airfoillabs-king-air-350-rxp-gtn-750-hd/

“Just completed the full integration of an RXP GTN 750 GPS unit in the Airfoillabs King Air 350. It includes fully working knobs and buttons on the 3D model, as well as a night lit version.”

3 Likes
2 Likes

It seems Brett has been around since the beginning of X-Plane itself. Find any helicopter, Free- or Payware, and his name is likely in the readme credits.

2 Likes

He sure has. He is like the “get off my lawn” guy of the .org…I love his direct manner and he is chock full of information.

1 Like

I think his title under his forum avatar is “X-Plane Curmudgeon”.

1 Like

Oh my!

Just released. Very much an early access aircraft at this point, but well, Concorde… I just had to.

10 Likes

I see @fearlessfrog winning MacRobertson Air Race :wink:

1 Like

It got me thinking that in those shots Paul posted, I was wondering if Orbx had put the static Concorde that always used to be parked at the end of 27L at EGLL Heathrow? I always used to like going past that and was wondering if it was still there.

I’m now deep in a google hole of trying to find out what happened to it. :slight_smile: (help!)

EDIT: No rocket in Orbx (always going to be a bit unlikely), but found some good info here. The static used to be on the apron, but was moved in 2006 (from when I remember seeing it a lot): https://www.heritageconcorde.com/g-boab-208

In this pic, it should be to the left of the large blue warehouse at the bottom of the image.

1 Like

The Heathrow scenery in my shots is default if I recall correctly. Of course, now I have Concorde I might have to get decent scenery for both LHR and JFK.

This could put the brakes on my air race. :thinking:

Interesting plane…

That visor looks really slick

Veeery far from complete though. The Flight Engineer Station is more or less useless at the moment.

7 Likes

There is certainly a long road ahead. She sure is easy on the eye though! :sunglasses:

Let me know if you pick something up, as I think the Aerosoft one fits ok into the UK South TrueEarth stuff. The default is actually pretty good in the latest XP11, with the main difference being seeing lots more HSBC logos. :wink:

Also, would be fun to have a better Barbados BGI for Concorde as well.

@PaulRix and @fearlessfrog - isn’t the Aerosoft EGLL part of the default X-Plane scenery? Like one of the high definition areas that is packaged with X-Plane? I see it in my Custom Scenery directory and I don’t think I ever bought it…

Aerosoft scenery included with X-Plane 11:

EBBR Brussels
EDDF Frankfurt
EDLP Paderborn
EGBB Birmingham
EGKK London-Gatwick
EGLL London-Heathrow
EGPF Glasgow
EGSS London-Stansted
LEMD Madrid
LFMN Nice/Cote d’Azure
LFPG Paris-Charles de Gaulle
LFPO Paris-Orly
LPFR Faro
LSSG Geneva

Oh wait…those MAY only be included in the Aerosoft boxed version of X-Plane maybe?? :thinking:

I just have the version direct from Laminar, and don’t think I’ve purchased anything from Aerosoft on the XP11 airports side. But looking in my airport definitions:

…it looks like I do have at least EGLL in there. Weird?

I think this is a ‘better than Global but no aerosoft objects’ hybrid version that everyone gets for free?

EDIT: Yep, here’s the paid upgrade with T5:

Here’s what you get by default (even with my Mr Magoo CPU Is Dead VR defaults):

Everything else apart from Terminal 5/a/b is pretty good though. The paid version has some really nice Taxi and Apron exits though. Hmm, very tempted but a bit academic as I think this will just kill my PC a bit more…

1 Like

You can see it on Google Earth, It’s to the right of the start of runway 27L.

There used to be one outside at Filton as well, but that was moved inside.

1 Like

I’ll be making a purchase later… Don’t tell the wife

Not a release, but it is nice to see that Just Flight is working on Traffic Global for X-Plane!

3 Likes
1 Like