X-Plane releases thread

Yeah, I think that it’s a weather injection engine only at this point Paul, and that cloud injection will follow. Perhaps Cloud Art for X-Plane? Anyway, I find that being able to plug a plan into AS and have it give a full weather briefing along the route, while injecting that weather into P3D so useful, that I’ll most likely buy it for X-Plane.

Edit #1: It looks like SkyMax Pro is compatible with Active Sky for X-Plane. From their feature list:
" • Active Sky XP (ASXP) when using Real Weather Connector"

I wonder how that works. RWC grabs weather from ASXP rather than a real weather source? IMHO, it would be better if SMP would pull the weather directly from ASXP rather than need a proxy from RWC.

Edit #2: From the ASXP FAQ concerning clouds…

Q: Are cloud texture replacements included?
A: Yes, an optional cloud texture replacement, evolved from the newest ASCA content and designed specifically for X-Plane 11.26/11.30+ is included. Two different variants are available, high performance, which is softer and lower resolution, and high detail, which is higher resolution, with harder edges. ASXP also works great with any other textures and other visual enhancements.

Q: Is a complete cloud visuals depiction replacement included?
A: No, not at this time. HiFi is working on such technology and hopes it will be ready to debut sometime in late 2019.