X-Plane Releases Thread (2020)

Another ‘virtual jobs generator’ on its way to XP

1 Like

I took a gamble and it looks great…

I have to say that looks pretty good. The main strength being that it all happens within X-Plane.
His timing is pretty bad though, considering Air Hauler 2 just released.

Nice looking S81 - Indian Creek, Idaho. I added it to the MAD - Airmans Information Manual post too…

You’ve come across some goo-rookin spots…and I’ll have Idaho on the HDD in a day-ish. Think I’ll move my -172 Bush to Pullman (just over flew it in the Twin Beech) to reach those spots.

1 Like

y’all copy cats stakin out KPUW :wink:

2 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face:

https://fselite.net/previews/justflight-shares-first-vc-10-in-x-plane-previews/

2 Likes

Well, I will definitely be getting that one! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ah…another Kodiak…but this one has the Coast Guard base too. AND includes these airports:

Airports

• PADQ: Kodiak (Benny Benson)
  • PAKD: Kodiak Muni
  • PALB: Larsen Bay
  • PAKY: Karluk
  • PAKH: Akhiok
  • 6R7: Old Harbor
  • 4K5: Ouzinkie
  • ORI: Port Lions

Seaplane Bases

• 9Z3: Lily Lake
  • T44: Trident Basin
  • KPR: Port Williams
  • KKB: Kitoi Bay
  • KPY: Port Bailey
  • WSJ: San Juan (Uganik)
  • KWP: West Point Village
  • KKL: Karluk Lake
  • KOY: Olga Bay
  • KMY: Moser Bay
  • ALZ: Alitak
  • AK81: Amook Bay (pvt)

Heliport

• AK74: Kodiak Emergency

1 Like

@BeachAV8R. I hate clutter more than most. So I totally get the necessity to keep Mudspike clean and easy. Having said that, now that I am employed at both the AH2 and FSE versions of Mudspike Air Delivery, I am finding it hard to keep all the information together. Over the past years you have made such great recommendations but it is increasingly difficult to keep it all straight unless one downloads immediately before the thread gets stacked below hundreds of more recent posts. If I can be so bold I might suggest another sub-forum at Mudspike Virtual Airline devoted to airline related add-ons like planes and sceneries and that is closed to discussion so it serves as a one-stop clearing house of useful stuff to make flying for the airline an even richer experience.

4 Likes

Yeah - I agree that some of the threads are pretty spread out and some have some crossover appeal. For instance, some X-Plane users that aren’t doing the MAD FSE or MAD AH2 stuff might still enjoy flying to some of the freeware sceneries I post in this “Releases” thread. I could certainly make a locked post that I update with the new finds out there (I like checking the .ORG daily for new sceneries). A plane and scenery closed sticky is a great idea.

1 Like

Yes, I find myself re-searching the threads for airport scenery based on our AH area(s); have to think about it to recall which one’s they’re in. Not a big deal but a QOL thing?

1 Like

Channeling my inner @fearlessfrog - I wonder if maybe I could set up a specific tag as well for MAD area scenery of interest I post. Thus, when you searched for the tag MADSCENE it would show all those posts only. Meh…I like having a single sticky though better I think.

2 Likes

For you…well…that kind of goes without saying, doesn’t it? :astonished: :wink:

The “HoldMyBeer” (got to love that) freeware SR22 Turbo G6 has been released:

6 Likes

Who me? :upside_down_face:

The VC10 is a must have for me because of it’s RAF heritage, and also it is from the classic jetliner era. There is going to be a lot of steam gauges to look at! :dizzy_face:

Downloaded. That might be my next plane! Looks sweet.

edit: alright maybe not. Lowwww cargo capacity. Was hoping for on par with the c172 but nope.

I’d imagine it would be terrible for rough bush strips too…might bang that prop pretty easily…

OK MAD pilots…this one is for you. It’s so ugly…it’s beautiful…

3 Likes

Not far-fetched. I’ve mentioned I’m flying the Twin Beech cuzz my granddad did (one of many types). His first job after the war (WWII) with the oil company was flying a Cub along pipelines, dispatching gophers that had burrowed under the support stanchions (or whatever they called them). He had a 22 rifle stowed for the coup-de-gras. I now own that piece. Had it since '76.

1 Like