X-Plane Releases Thread (2020)

Am I supposed to select “Unstable Public Beta” on the Steam version to get the latest…uh…unstable beta?

Alright…so on B13 I get that…uh…what has been described as rubber-banding…makes it pretty much unplayable. Quick forum search seems to be pinning this on NVidia drivers. At least in the first page of scrolling through that problem I saw putting flight model frames to 10…which did solve the problem and gave me smooth frames back.

:man_shrugging:

Reading further in that thread to see if something else might be a better option of flight model to 10 (no idea how that affects the…uh…flight model…)

An example of the stated rubber banding…(not my video)…

https://youtu.be/RJMPF0xvZeE

Rolling back NVidia drivers one version apparently solves the problem. I didn’t want to do that though, so I was able to use this to get back to flight model = 2 setting:

Nvidia Profile for XP11 changed VSync from “Use 3d application setting” to “Force on” and unchecked Vsync in the XP11 graphics menu and it worked.

Refresh Rate = Highest Available / Max Pre-rendered frames = 1 / Threaded optimization = off / G-Sync = ON

All worked good and smooth so far using that.

Anyone have weirdness going on with aircraft nosewheels in the last couple X-Plane betas? Like they are almost free-castoring?

Found my next Christmas Flight…uh…ride…

3 Likes

There is a toggle button (castoring versus tied to rudder?) that I have mapped to a throttle button because it seems to be randomly selecting one or the other. It may be that the default state for various aircraft is different (say, 172SP is castoring and I need to hit that button, but the Quest Kodiak isn’t and I don’t). That has been with me for a few months and I just ‘adapted’ to looking stupid for the first 100 meters of my taxi :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you have Better Pushback installed?

1 Like

No, I don’t think I do. I might experiment with that toggle that @fridge mentioned…that might be it.

Ive definitely had the issue, I assumed it was related to BP. Seemed like whenever BP would “release” the aircraft after a push, it would fix the issue.

I’m glad I’m not the only one having it.

1 Like

ActiveSky has also been a possible culprit causing the rubberband effect. Notably when it’s overcast and displaying the higher resolution texture clouds.
Another possible culprit is AviTab.
I’ve seen the rubber band effect while cruising at FL600 in the Concorde as well.
:thinking:

1 Like

Can I just say I really, really appreciate planes that ship with auto-update features. I LIKE to be made aware when a new version is available.

1 Like

Regarding the Flight Factor A320 Ultimate (a plane I’m am very ready to dive into soon) - posted yesterday:

“VULCAN compatible version will be released this week or at the beginning of next. Don’t worry - it’s already done. Just making small code cleanup.”

An updated version that works (better) on OpenGL was posted two days ago…so apparently most things are working in 11.50 beta with OpenGL with Vulkan to come within the week hopefully.

This definitely solved the problem. I mapped a button to Nosewheel Steer Toggle and it stops the Linda Blair rotation of nosewheels and restores normal function to the steering…

3 Likes

Public Service Announcement (err…proclamation!)…

Thank you to all developers who decide…whether it is realistic or not…to put placards in the cockpit (that are actually readable!) that have some basic flap/gear type limitations on them. We aren’t all type rated in these planes, so it is nice to have some things that might be memory item limitations placed where we can read them.

For instance - X-Crafts ERJs:

XCRAFTS2

You are now returned to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

5 Likes

Love the warbirds that have the timelines for manifold and rpm settings also.

2 Likes

Beta 14 came out on Steam today. Fixed the major stuttering I was getting when minimizing xplane and coming back to it in flight. I think this bug was introduced in 13 but its fixed for me now.

1 Like

Oh good- I’ve been getting some terrible rubber-banding below 4000 feet in flight and on the ground.

Are you on an NVidia card?

Yep. And just saw I have a driver update pending.