X-Plane Releases Thread (2020)

Yeah…I think it would be better in the Flight Sim category because there are people that would be interested in the X-Plane add-ons that aren’t necessarily flying for the Virtual Airline, MAD, Air Hauler, or FSE…so yeah…definitely be better outside of that group I think.

1 Like

Ok. I have tried to pull apart some of this thread into individual threads based on the aircraft (not the designer that is bringing it to X-Plane. It’s not perfect :slight_smile:

So, from this point forward, if we are talking about general releases and such, feel free to keep it in this thread but if it is about a specific aircraft/scenery addon, please create or use a post in the X-Plane Add-Ons category.

EDIT: I will try to be diligent in keeping the new threads going without killing off this thread (because it has it’s place). Please don’t take offence if I move a post or two :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the hard work @Fridge! Organization is not my strong suite…

1 Like

Hope none of you jumped on that bell412 too early. It’s flashing at the org now…

The Tornado and the Harrier too… :sunglasses:

Rumor has it that 50.b1 is now out:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/216520-theyre-alive/

Volunteers, please take one step forward :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alright… Let’s see. We’ve got the husky a and c, an otter, beech 18… pc-12… and Sherpa on sale at the org.

1 Like

So the PC-12 is very deep system-wise and flies very nicely, but she’s a bit rough graphically speaking- I think it’s been a little while since the models have been updated. Just as an FYI.

1 Like

I think that’s a pretty good summary of most stma models. They aren’t carenado graphics but they are good birds.

1 Like

Hard to say what I want to pick up. The aerocommander is going to be a nice step for AH. A PC-12 would be nice but I think I’d prefer the carenado for that. Not sure I need a beech 18… Hmmmmm.

Sat on my tookus too long and sale has moved on.
We now have a trio of vans rv8s up.

Colimata Concorde and the REP packages for default baron and 172 are up now

June 6 morning - aerobask planes on sale - da62 and eclipse 550 added to the hangar. Always wanted a diamond to fly and the eclipse is going to be fun addition to AH I think. Good load level for cargo looks like. 6 passengers? 5?

June 6 afternoon - drzwiecki scenery packs are up, including Seattle city and Seattle airports. @BeachAV8R you have both right? Both compatible with orbx wash?

1 Like

And now VSkyLabs is up for a flash sale… looks like everything except the C47. I like the Long EZ, Euro Fox and Icon A5 in particular, although their helicopters are fun to fly as well.

1 Like

Sorry - I was out of town for four days with no internet…so I didn’t get your message until now. Yes, I have Seattle City and Seattle Airports and they mostly work. There are some tweaks to get the mesh to work correctly.

So @Fridge I ducked out of town for a few days right in the middle of the reorganization (I like the individual plane threads!)…so where should I post new/freeware X-plane scenery that would appeal to both Virtual Airline pilots and general X-Plane users? Are we tagging them with something to keep em’ sorted or should I just compile a single X-Plane scenery thread?

I would suspect in the general X-Plane AddOns category. I think that most people in the Virtual Airline will get their info from there as well.

And I would create a new post in that thread based on the area, but maybe not the group doing the scenery. EX: I really should have made the OrbX Florida thread more generic. In my mind, that allows discussion of a scenery area agnostic of how it was created. But also, now that I think of it … that may not apply to scenery :slight_smile:

I am open to suggestions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d prefer specific threads but generic tags. Eg. Orbx TE Florida thread, tagged x-plane scenery, Florida, useast, etc… As multiple tags

1 Like

Rotate is getting closer on their MD-11…

6 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

I’m watching this one closer than anything in the pipeline

Recently updated to Vulkan b13. So far (knock on wood), the rubber banding stuttering effect is gone. During certain situations, mostly at high density airports, my fps would “pulse” every 1 second from a steady 70-90fps to a much lower fps like 30 or 40.

Has anyone else updated to b13 and seen any improvements (or degradation) from previous versions? Seems the mileage is varying quite a bit according to the Beta thread at XP. Apparently the Nvidia driver version plays a big part, but there is no rhyme or reason as some report newer versions give worse performance.