X-Plane Releases Thread [2022/2023]

Never gets old

6 Likes

Even moreso in light of the current society struggles and public discussion. :smiley:

this one is out

plus winter sale is up

3 Likes

Ooh, now that I couldn’t resist - The manual describes a few clickable controls/switches as “presently do/does not ‘do X’, hopefully there will be a future XPlane update to rectify this.” and “presently not enabled as we wait for an XP update to fix this.”

The manual is for both the XP11 and XP12 versions so I don’t know what version (or both) needs updating… I guess I’m about to find out :slight_smile:

Update:

Fun to fly. Not ‘study’ level but a very cool aircraft nonetheless, especially the the ‘White 5’ fictional variant that depicts a basic ‘racer’.

It is going to test my navigation skills though. Cut and paste from the manual:

The compass (RMI) used in the Tigercat has a fixed face, it does not rotate like more modern instruments. The white needle always points in the direction the aircraft is heading. The rectangular yellow needle is set up to indicate the relative direction of the currently tuned NAV1 station:

RMI

Not a problem, but…

Radios:

The row of boxes on the right side of the cockpit represent the Tigercat’s AN/ARC-5 VHF/MHF communication equipment and the APX-1 IFF system. Although many of the switches are animated, the equipment is a visual representation only and has no function in the simulator. The user should open the map screen and click on the VOR beacon or runway ILS image and select the ‘Tune NAV1’ option, the RMI will now point to the station as long as it is in range.

thats strange wording on their side. one would expect that it is going to work in 11 and needs update for 12.

yep, thats Virtavia. the study level WWII fighters for XP11 were from Flying Iron Sims.

anyway, whats the max speed you were able to reach at sea level ?

I will have to get back to you on that, I was mainly paying attention to MAP and RPM… Only really focussed on the speed for landing. And I have only taken it for a brief flight, just a few circuits really.

Flying Circus has been too much fun :slight_smile:

Edit: with the ‘racer’ variant and minimal fuel (600lbs / 30 minutes @ cruise) and 200ft ASL I saw a smidgeon over 300… let’s call it 302KIAS

not bad for a prop fighter :+1:

btw this seems to be pretty nice and big freeware scenery for XP12. for anyone interested to explore Alaska

just wow ! :

Included are 461 custom airports created from scratch to match their real life AK counterparts as closely as possible and provide them with corresponding off-airport scenery.

4 Likes

I think I have an earlier version of that. Wow! indeed. My goal is still to use it with FSE to see if I can profitably make it to Wiley-Post (Barrow) in the 407.

@NEVO Do you know if there is anything similar for XP11?

Perfect playground for my Eurofox.

1 Like

here you go

As part of an ongoing project to enhance low level VFR flying in Alaska, here are 126 new custom airports equivalent to 3D Gateway versions in X-Plane Global.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/81771-alaska-3d-global/

See my other Alaska orthoscenery scenery package Alaska Small Airport FSE 1.1.0 for an additional 259 airports and airstrips that are either undeveloped 2D or absent in XP.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/77416-alaska-small-airport-fse/

could you @smokinhole add anything I have missed pls

1 Like

@NEVO Awesome, thank you so much. I should have got of my lazy arse and had a look myself, but less time searching google = more time playing :slight_smile:

np

I learned trick or two how to conveniently find some files on xplane forums so I used that.

its like this (or something similar)

found file > click the dev > go to content > go to files

in there is list of files in case he has posted few. this way is easy to find more stuff from particular person.

2 Likes

released

3 Likes

E-Jets Combo by X-Crafts | E175 & E195 v2.5 2.5.0 XP11 for FREE!

5 Likes

9 Likes

That’s quite a bold move!

1 Like

definitely.

in their [VSL] news thread there was discussion about “and how is your ‘TEST-PILOT’ F-4E progressing?”.
answer was interesting and something like “LR are working on updating their default F-4 to higher standard so our F-4E was put on hold for now”.

so hopefully we will get default F-4 from LR with the same level of detail as their new F-14.

1 Like

btw

2 Likes

new Active Sky XP12 open beta released, free for existing users of Active Sky XP :+1:

7 Likes

Toliss Released the A320 Neo a few months back, Since then I have had issues with Toliss planes and the tiler wheel.

Rotate released the MD-80 for XP 12 this week. its$24 USD if you owned the previous, Worth it in my eyes.

1 Like