X-Plane releases thread

I guess I should mention that the cloud set I use is from Ultra Weather XP rather than default.

2 Likes

Just a note for those that use the RealityXP GTN 750 for X-Plane. I had noticed that my CDI was going nutzo in the Carenado Citation II…just flipping around randomly. It looks like RealityXP found the bug and fixed it in their 2.5.9 update.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/545571-cdi-crazy-in-carenedos-s550-and-gtn-750-resolved/

Hmmmmmmm… I might have to get this to add to my ever increasing X-Plane RAF fleet…

So far I have a great Hawk, Tornado, Tucano, Jaguar (pretty good freeware) and Vulcan (very nice freeware)…

1 Like

like week ago or so I came acros Beach’s post about this JumpJet and was wondering if they will ever release it… and here we go, its released, nice!

1 Like

T’was inevitable I suppose…

8 Likes

You need an Ark Royal…

2 Likes

Not a release…but information from the FlyJSims developer that we will be getting a Q400 for X-Plane 11:

Hello everyone! Since the beginning of time, the FlyJSim fandom have asked only one vital question…

“Is there Q400 update?”

We can finally say “Yes, we heard you, and we listened.” It is with great pleasure that we announce our next aircraft. The ‘FlyJSim Q4XP’ is in development, and we look forward to providing the X-Plane community with our new rendition of the iconic and beloved turboprop. This will be a fairly significant departure from our previous Q400 offering and will exceed the standards seen in our existing aircraft. As such the naming convention has been changed for this product.

Aircraft development is a lengthy process, and we stress that the images shown are in early development. Fans familiar with FlyJSim know that by following our social media groups, or by following the developers on Twitch, we will provide an open and transparent dialogue by which you can watch us develop the aircraft.

Jack (3D Modelling and Systems/Texturing) – https://www.twitch.tv/flyingjackal
Valdudes (Texturing) - https://www.twitch.tv/valdudes
Justin (Systems) - https://www.twitch.tv/jsnapp1982

Q. When is the release?
A. There is no release date for the aircraft, and won’t be for a considerable amount of time. When we have further information, we’ll be sure to let you know on our social media pages.

Q. Will it be compatible with X-Plane 10?
A. Unfortunately no. As of our recent series line-up, all our aircraft are X-Plane 11 only, due to the advancements in technology of the sim, and the rendering engine.

Q. Will it be VR compatible?
A. Yes, the Q4XP will be fully VR ready.

Q. Will you be using the X-Plane 11 default FMC?
A. Not at all, there will be a custom coded navigation system.

That’s all we have to share with you at this moment. Don’t forget to follow us on either Facebook, Twitter, Discord or the Pilots Group to obtain new and upcoming information about our products and the Q4XP. We wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a Happy Holiday!

4 Likes

I sense another simbox NG rebuild in the offing. :grin:

1 Like

MisterX released his Japan PRo scenery a couple days ago:

Features:

• Completely new set of high quality autogen buildings

•     Baked ambient occlusion

•     Night textures

•     PBR materials

• Complete autogen tiles

•     High resolution ground textures

•     Details like cars, trees and fences

• Different kinds of houses, large apartments and industries

• Enhanced cities

•     Naha: cruise terminal, cargo harbor, photoreal scenery

•     Tokyo: Skytree, Tokyo Tower, harbor

• Highway signs

• Vehicles

•     Cars and trucks (dynamic and static)

•     Shinkansen (bullet train)

3 Likes

I prefer broiled ambient occlusion…what…it’s a fish isn’t it? :yum:

3 Likes

I missed this post but saw a stream of him working on it. Very excited!!

X-Rotors has released their Leonardo AW139 V4 (early access). My initial impression is that it is very nice! Beautiful 3D model.

7 Likes

Oooh that in the LAFD colours with the water tank and rescue equipment might just push all my buttons…

And systems-wise? I heard it wasn’t really in-depth…

Systems wise it is evidently not complete yet. I’m not sure how far they intend to take it, and I did read that they are not shooting for 100% systems modeling. Personally I’m fine with that. Having never flown one I’ll never know the difference unless it is something major.

166 posts were merged into an existing topic: X-Plane Releases Thread (2019)

A post was split to a new topic: X-Plane Releases Thread (2019)