X-Plane releases thread

NoJoe is reporting that the Do228 will get a small update soon to fix flaps behavior. I’ve been holding off on adding this aircraft until the first update.

FYI, the B1900D had an update v1.1 that added the XP11 FMS (basically eye candy because it just inputs to the GNS530) and fix some other small issues. My only complaint with it to this point is a small one, not being able to turn off the tail flood.

So I’ve thought for a while that there might be something amiss with Carenado and the flight model, especially with the B1900D, but it likely affects other aircraft as well. Even those that have been updated for XP11. I thought that there was a solution by setting the Stability Augmentation to 0, as I stated above. But that appears to be a band aid as Carenado, in particular Dan Klaue try to work something out with Austin and company. Rather than me try to fumble through an explanation, here is a very interesting post with regard to the matter. My issue with it is still elevator effectiveness lacking. I.E. at flaps 17, the POH states that at 16,000 lbs the stall speed should be 90 kts. If I at 110 kts in a light airplane, the stick is all the way back to the stop in the flare.

“…since XP11.05, there’s been a change in how airflow is calculated, especially the wingtip vortices and the related ground effect…”

Wow - that’s interesting. I did not know that was being modeled…! And that’s a nice and detailed response from a developer (encouraging to see!)… Glad you are pursuing this…

1 Like

Hey @chipwich - you probably already mentioned it - and apologies if you did, but do you have any opinions about the (now dated) Aero Sim Gaming flight model for the Carenado PC-12?

https://www.aerosimgaming.com/forums/topic/39-xp11-pc-12-mod-discussion/

I’m guessing some changes have been made under the hood of XP11 since this one was posted (Feb 20), but I just loaded my Carenado PC-12 and it was pretty much unflyable in XP11, but after applying the Aero Sim Gaming files, I think it is much, much better. I’m considering using the PC-12 for the Christmas trip, so I’ve been testing it at KMUD and so far, with those files, it seems to be flying pretty well.

3 Likes

No Chris, I wasn’t aware of that version of the FM. Will give it a try!

With the AeroSimGaming FM the annunciator panel was a lot happier, but it seemed that the ITT was really high for the torque setting. You can sure haul a lot of beer in that thing!

Edit: turned the second part of this post into a separate topic.

Does this means that XP11 is still not out of beta?

There is a stable release version. But the latest goodies in patch 11.1 are only available in beta.

No. XP11 is officially released. It is just the newest update that is in Beta.

Ok, thx, good to know, cause there is some deal on steam

2 Likes

Bargain!

2 Likes

This is maybe weird but the other thing I am considering is the amount of support, in this case financial, to Laminar Research.

Does it make any sense to anyone to buy directly from x-plane.com site or it doesnt matter and they will get the same money no matter the reseller or the discount applied!?

…weird… :smile:

Buy directly from their website! Steam takes a percentage cut on all sales. I think it’s 20% or 30%, something like that.

1 Like

Thx for info Almighty.

Additionaly I dont know how it is showing for you in US but on steam I see full price 64.99eur what is not 59.99bucks what is on x-plane. And after steam sale -34% it is still not so big deal here though…

I am not quite following you, do you want to know what the price is on the X-plane website?

I answered to buy directly from x-plane.com since then Laminar gets the money, via Steam Valve gets a cut.

Currently the price on Steam is cheaper then on their website.

Sry for confusion. I am just quickly jumping between topics. :wink:

What you suggested was understood and appreciated :slight_smile:

What I am actually curious about is what is the full price (before discount) on steam for you in US. Is it the same as on xp site or different?

Because here in this part of EU the full price on steam is higher than the price on x-plane.

Steam full price: 64.99eur
2017-11-24 17_11_43-X-Plane releases thread - Flight Sims - Mudspike Forums - Avast SafeZone

X-plane full price: 59.99eur what is based on PP conversion rate 52.88eur

So wondering do I need new calculator or am I missing something? :thinking:

Ah I am in the EU too, so I can’t help you there.

here you can see the price of X-plane 11 on Steam throughout it’s Steam release:

https://www.steamprices.com/eu/app/269950/x-plane-11

1 Like

Ok, I thought you are in US.

The price graph… handy… and what I see is the original price as 54.99 eur what was reasonable imho. Wondering what made for the increase. But who cares… its their shop and their price politics. I dont need to understand/buy :slight_smile:

1 Like

The original price only lasted for two weeks, I think it was a 10% release discount. It makes sense to keep the Steam price higher then on their own shop so that they don’t make less then they would on a sale on their own store.

On another note, I got the Dreamfoil Bell 407 and the Schweizer S300CBi, very cool helicopters!

2 Likes

Not a release - but an announcement that a new Airbus is coming for X-Plane (newer than the Flight Factor A320):

https://toliss.com/

Application to be a beta tester: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BW2KFJP