X-Plane releases thread

Yeah - I think is is obviously lightly modeled with regards to systems. Probably basic engine starting and control stuff. My guess is it will mostly be about the flying and less the realism of the airplane.

I wish that I was a better judge of these things, and I suppose that we would need someone either directly or indirectly connected to the aircraft, such as a pilot, maintainer, or engineer, to make an accurate assessment. But I will say that the quirky fun factor is high, just like it is with the F-35B.

There is a lot of “how do it know?” when flying these aircraft. The automatic tilt function is pretty cool. I wish that you could map an axis to the tilt mechanism for that matter, instead of a “bump” button. And it would be helpful if the manual revealed more about which power/prop settings were appropriate for different flight regimes. I found myself sort of chasing the green pie chart and hoping that I wasn’t fighting what I assume is some sort of FADEC.

In VR, it’s rad man. More analytical statements to come.

3 Likes

The Aerobask Diamond DA-62 releases today!

3 Likes

And she’s a beauty!

I have the Aerobask Velocity V-Twin which is outstanding and so I was in two minds as to whether I really wanted another light twin with a glass panel. The DA62 uses the built in X-Plane G1000 though, which makes this airplane very FPS friendly. I think it is safe to say that I have met, and then exceeded my monthly sim budget now, what with the FF A320, TerraMaxx and now the DA-62… :dizzy_face:

7 Likes

I am glad you are willing to spend that all for us :wink:

LOL. I’m grounded until the end of April with this broken wrist/arm, so X-Plane is getting plenty of used right now. Unfortunately for my wallet, that means I am finding all sorts of new aircraft, scenery and mods that have suddenly become “must have”. The only disappointment so far for me is Terramaxx.

1 Like

Aah, what’s the disappointing part about it?

Well, the automatic switching between seasonal textures takes 2-3 minutes, during which the sim is completely frozen. Deep winter and moderate winter look very similar. Fall/Autumn looks nice though. I’m going to keep using it but I think it was a little over priced for what it is.

1 Like

Looks like a free HUMVEE has been added…

1 Like

Must resist…but my resolve is crumbling. :smile:

1 Like

If we all buy it, can we claim mass hysteria as an excuse?

2 Likes

I really wish there was a proper multiplayer element to x-plane. One where we could all pick a spot, time and some weather and show off our toys. Of course this would require all clients to also share aircraft textures, a common terrain mesh, objects, etc.

1 Like

Yes, this is a glaring hole in X-Plane. It would be so fun to have a Mudspike Airfield where we could all gather and do some bump and gos…

2 Likes

I did a double take on that… :smirk:

What? You didn’t learn about the glaring holes in X-Plane Anatomy?

Gloryous holes?

Ohohoh slippery slope now!
You might say it is very…wet…

1 Like

I’m willing to try it if you guys are. This guide is pretty good. I took notes and will post after the link,

X-Plane 11 Multiplayer Setup

1. Configure port forwarding to your PC on your Internet router. Ports to forward: 49000 and 49001
  2. Settings → Network ->MULTIPLAYER → Add Multiplayer Machine: enter the other player’s public IP address.
  3. Find your Public IP address and enter it under THIS MACHINE’S IP ADDRESS.
  4. In the game, go to Plugins → Plugins Admin and disable network enabled plugins like PilotEdge or SquawkBox.
  5. You and the other players must have aircraft installed in the same aircraft folder.
1 Like

In the exact same order, if XP10 is any indicator.

There were plugin issues too, if I recall from when I tried it. It was a total pain. Worth it when it worked though.

Of course there’s also xpflightserver if that’s still running.

What I consider to be pretty good news - iBlueYonder has joined with ORBX to provide content. I don’t know if it is a full merger or just a distribution channel…but regardless, if you’ve bought iBlueYonder scenery you can now migrate it to the ORBX installer (FTX Central)…

“In case you missed our recent news, iBlueYonder is pleased to announce that starting immediately, we’ll be publishing our projects via the OrbxDirect system. This means you’ll get smooth and easy purchasing, download, and installation of your iBY scenery. You’ll also get numerous upgrades from them being part of the Orbx ecosystem as well, such as PeopleFlow, NatureFlow, etc.”

They are celebrating with 50% off (for a week) KACK and Plum Island/Minute Man scenery (available for both FSX/P3D and X-Plane 11)…

I will be buying both…I liked their little free sample of The Heron’s Nest

3 Likes