X-Plane releases thread

Q8 pilot is a big fan of the Avia71 developer so it wouldn’t surprise me if he had a video review on his YouTube channel some time very soon.

1 Like

I think he helped fund the development of this aircraft.

3 Likes

Aus Flight Simmer did a “test drive” of the Aerostar. Didn’t get too in depth but if you want to see it action:

Regarding this post above from a few days ago…

I just got a FaceBook message saying, “Hey Eric. The site is up now. www.propstrikestudio.com enjoy!”

So there you go! I bought Allan Borrough’s Island and the free Machmell Fisheries. Together they were just shy of $4 US. Quatam River is not out yet.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up… heading over there now!

Edit> Downloading now! Allan and Burrow’s islands are a bit of a bonus. I didn’t realize they had another scenery ready to push out the door.

Machmell Fisheries is going to compliment Bella Coola very nicely. The only criticism of the excellent Bella Coola scenery was it’s isolation from other well done airports. Now we have a small strip just 20 nm to the South.

1 Like

I still haven’t bothered to learn how to do screenshots in VR. (Sorry). If I could, I would show off the very nicely done vegetation around the Allen lighthouse. It looks very authentic and lushly Pacific Northwest. It’s worth $4 I think.

EDIT: Without starting a new thread I want to reiterate how impressed I am with this guy’s work. The Machmell Fisheries (free!) is so full of detail that I actually used my VR controllers to walk about. There’s an old fishing boat that is covered in rust and lichen. It looks as good standing 5 feet away as it does from 50. The wood used to build the pier is different from that used on the helipad at the lodge. But with both, the grain on the sidecuts seems to match the grain on the surface. And the planks are thick. They look like they could support a 412.The areas of shore where deadwood is piling up look convincing using both a well-done textures and enough 3d logs to fool the brain that it all fits together. The lodge has apparently been recently hewn out of the forest and stumps are everywhere. It is perfect for practicing steep approaches while holding enough speed to always have an auto as an option. And just like Allan Burrows, the use of vegetation is the best I have seen yet in x-plane. I don’t know the climate at all, but to me it looks as if all the flora are native. They match each other. Bushes full of berries look like they belong exactly where they are–parked next to evergreens and tall grass. There’s only a couple of structures plus the old boat. So you’ll get bored quick I guess. But it’s free!

6 Likes

I think we should make you the official Flightsim First Person Detail Reviewer for Mudspike :wink:

2 Likes

Position accepted! Yes, I got a bit into the weeds, both literally and figuratively. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@fearlessfrog Is it thou I needst to petition for this badge?! :wink:

1 Like

Parking is easy. Coffee is pretty good. Vacation time is greater than work time. Not a bad gig.

1 Like

So, I’ve been flying for a few months out of Allan and Burrows (ALBU) that I purchased from letssim.com. That site seems to no longer be available. That suits me fine, since they only allowed 2 activations, which I promptly used installing in both my production and open beta xp11 installs. Looking forward to a more lengthy relationship from the author.

Nice. Machmell is near Bella Coola. I’m feeling a bush flying multi-player fly-in.

1 Like

Have the L-5 and C90 changed recently? I ask because I don’t remember them looking so good. Last night I did a long cross-country from YVR to Bella Coola in the King Air. Well, I did two actually. The first I forgot to turn on the bleed air and I passed out at 17000’. Don’t judge. These things happen. The C90 is superb and quite like I remember it 30 years ago–although my memory has it being an honest 240 kias machine in the low 20s. The xp version is slower. But still close to my experiences all those years ago. (Time flies when you’re old!). Along with my grey I’ve become cheap. And I don’t like fixed wing planes enough to fork over cash to buy a good one. These two alone are more than enough. Systems-wise, the King Air is right up there with payware titles. I’ve gone off the deep end with Machmell. There’s this sim called “DCS” that I vaguely remember being super fond of. I’ll get back to it. But for now this sand box is just too beautiful to leave. I see that I am rambling. Time for my pills…

1 Like

ENTC/TOS Tromsø scenery for X-Plane coming.
My home town… :slight_smile:

Threshold Exclusive: Stairport debuts Tromso for X-Plane! - Threshold

5 Likes

A few days ago, while troubleshooting why my KBVS install was not displaying buildings, I decided to download and reinstall the required libraries for that scenery. Of those, the RD_Library is downloaded from the freeware section of the Rdesign web site. What also caught my eye was an updated version of Wrangell, AK (PAWG). Wrangell is a nice 87 mile NW hop over the Misty Fjords National Monument Wilderness from Stewart, BC (CZST), and sits about 71 miles south of Ketchikan. This area forms a nice triangular bush flying playground for Eastern Alaska, and one that you freight dogs are undoubtedly familiar with. Both freeware PAWG and KBVS are excellent.

4 Likes

Thanks for that Dan! I’m going to have to add those airports to my collection!

1 Like

I flew out of Whidbey Island, so I’m familiar with KBVS. I’ll definitely grab that one.

1 Like

For those of you flying the VSKYLABS EuroFOX, a new version is out today with a new power plant and an updated FDM.

1 Like

A couple of new items that have been released that are definitely on my radar…

KVUO Pearson Field by OrbX. This historic airport is nicely situated very close to KPDX, which itself has a nice MisterX scenery upgrade (free). KVUO Pearson Field isn’t free of course (about $25 USD).

Dreamfoil has released an upgraded XP11 version of their Embraer Bandeirante (aka Bandit) which looks really nice.

Having just picked up the DCS Yak 52, I will have to wait a bit before pulling the trigger on these, but I thought they might be of interest to some of you here.

1 Like

Pearson is near and dear to my heart, because I used to rent Skyhawks there while in Portland for business. Some of the most beautiful flying in the world begins right there.

1 Like

This topic needs @BeachAV8R back in the saddle! :slight_smile:

1 Like