X-Plane releases thread

Could be a must-have freebee.

https://fselite.net/news/shortfinal-design-release-airport-environment-hd-2-0-for-free/

…and an update to probably the nicest freeware aircraft in X-Plane.

RealityXP setup for the Bell429 his been updated to 1.4.

4 Likes

This one looks very nice. Freeware - Grand Canyon Tour V2 Airstrips (L37 Grand Canyon Caverns , 1Z7 Bar Ten , L50 Tuweep):

The other part of this package is here:

4 Likes

This thread is dangerous. I’ve got 11 up and working now on my system, and I can already see I’m gonna need a bigger hard drive.

1 Like

This looks cool…in more ways than one. :wink:

3 Likes

Flying helicopters at that elevation is going to be “interesting”. Looks stunning though! I have the Matterhorn scenery buy the same author.

3 Likes

I’m just looking… I’m just looking… I’m just looking…

4 Likes

Here’s an interesting peek at a dynamic feature of Proprstrike’s upcoming Quatam River:

https://digitalflightwire.com/propstrike-dynamic-environment-test/

1 Like

Cool - I see lots of moose strikes in my near future. I don’t know if any details on the graphics engine have been released…but that does look strikingly similar to X-Plane. Is it based on that do ya’ think? EDIT - dumb of me…it IS X-Plane of course…!

That’s because it is XP. PropStrike Studio is an X-Plane developer, no? Machmel, etc. That is unless I’ve missed something obvious, which is entirely possible.

1 Like

Oh…duh…for some reason I read “Propstrike” as “Deadstick” (the bush plane simulator coming out)…nevermind my ramblings…I’m on the second bottle of cabernet…

3 Likes

Looks like Thranda/danklau is working on the PC-6…

At least two versions will be offered, with quite likely an expansion pack (including floats, tundra tires, parachute jumper configuration, G1000 option, and different engine models). But the plane will most likely start out as the B1 version with mostly steam gauges as the base pack. There will be several configuration options possible in real-time via pop-up menus (kinda like the Kodiak).

3 Likes

4 Likes

Anyone know of a fix for the horrible NVG view that was degraded for XP-11 for some reason? XP10 had a really nice NVG filter that was sharp enough to make it usable…the XP11 NVG looks like very early Desert Storm type NVGs and are pretty awful.

EDIT - Having a look at this - will report back…but it will require me to update to an (apparently) newer version of FlyWithLua:

Oh definitely…so this is pretty easy and straightforward. There is indeed a new(er) version of FlyWithLua - use at your own risk…I’d suggest backing up your FlyWithLua folder with your old version with all the plug-ins it uses before you try migrating them over to the new version:

Once you’ve replaced your old FlyWithLua directory with the new version, dump this file into the SCRIPTS folder:

And you will have fantastic looking NVGs:

2 Likes

3 Likes

So, how is the Osprey? I have been looking at it on the Org Store for awhile now but up until now I have held off on buying it. I’m also looking at FS Global Real Weather… and the FlyJSim 327 or 737. The Baneirante by Deramfoil is also on my list… hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.:thinking:

I’m enjoying it because of how unique it is. Keeping in mind that it is essentially AOA’s interpretation of the Osprey (meaning it isn’t a survey sim with every button and knob modeled)…it does give a nice feel for the plane and the flight model is very enjoyable. Graphics are commensurate for the price level ($30) and overall it is a blast. In VR the cockpit is really cool…big flight deck and straightforward flying.

My only real gripe about it, which isn’t the developer’s fault, is that some of the autopilot modes don’t work because of some internal problem in X-Plane where it has trouble doing fixed wing logic to a VTOL aircraft. I don’t know exactly what the hiccups are, but it is definitely a hands on aircraft due to that.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on that Chris. I think I will wait for now but I definitely have my interest piqued.

I did just pick up FSGRW which seems to work well. I will jot down my thoughts on that when I have had the chance to play with it a bit more.

1 Like

6 Likes