X-Plane releases thread

Yep, had a proper look and I’d agree.

SkyMaxx Pro v4 (for XP11) is releasing at midnight on Sunday apparently…

If you are a current SkyMaxx Pro v3 customer you are entitled to a 50% discount on SkyMaxx Pro v4! Personal discount codes will be distributed via your e-mail on file with X-Aviation within the next 24 hours.

If you are a current Real Weather Connector user you will be receiving a FREE upgrade to the new Real Weather Connector plugin for use with SkyMaxx Pro v4. This will also retain backwards compatibility with SkyMaxx Pro v3, so you may install it prior to receiving v4.

3 Likes

@chipwich - Well, I caved and bought the Carenado PC12 on the last day of the sale. I’m hoping (finger crossed) that any XP11 issues get worked out…

1 Like

Congrats on your purchase Beach! I’d really be surprised if they didn’t fix it. Shouldn’t be much work, but we’ll have to wait until XP11 gets out of beta apparently. Good to hear about the SkyMaxx Pro 4 discount for v3 users as well.

I just heard Friday that I have to go on a biz trip tomorrow, to Charlotte to pick up a cooler for the brewery. Won’t be home until Weds and the in-laws are showing up Thurs. Yesh. Will be hard getting to Antarctica by the deadline. Fingers crossed. Maybe I’ll haul my gaming rig to the office :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I’m not flying I’ll buy you lunch if you are around any length of time.

2 Likes

DAMMIT!
I wanted to get the C340 but somehow managed to forget about it the whole weekend…

…and that, kids, is what happens when you don’t visit Mudspike.com every day!

2 Likes

MUDSPIKE BEEER!

Right?

1 Like

We plan to have at least one aviation themed beer, because Boeing is a few blocks away assembling the Dreamliner.

4 Likes

So I purchased (for the upgrade cost of $20) SkyMaxx Pro v4 this morning. They updated Real Weather Connector for free (whew) and I have to say…I’m very impressed. Thus far, the cloud depictions have never looked better…they seem to have really improved the variety and just the overall moodiness of the look of the clouds. I took these screens a few minutes ago departing La Paz using real weather conditions… Also noteworthy was that I am getting way better FPS with this version over v3 (I have no idea why). I probably would have been looking at about 18 FPS with the conditions below with v3 and right now I’m getting 26. I’m not sure if it reset something in my SkyMaxx Pro settings…but visually it looks better, and FPS it performs better. So far, I’m super-happy…

3 Likes

Would like nothing more, but we are renting a 26 ft truck and heading right away to Charleston. We’ve also got a 6 tap kegerator that we bought at auction Sat. It took 5 guys to lift over the bar and put in the back of our F150. Feeling like the MudSpike Christmas run, but delivering a tap room :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah…we’ll get together once things settle in for ya’ and the beer starts flowing…! I want to be one of the first customers!

2 Likes

Wow, those are some cool looking clouds!
My PC won’t stand them right now so I’ll wait with a purchase until I have a new graphics card, but nice to see it working fine!

Yeah, those really do look impressive. Great screenshots!

Some really nice scenery for X-Plane 11… CYBD - Bella Coola…

http://beti-x.com/CYBDBcoola.html

2 Likes

Holy crap that will fry my current computer.

Chris, I hadn’t flown XP11 in a while. It updated today, after which I tried the PC-12. It did not catch fire and the condition lever seemed to work fine. Also, the engine sound stops at Pause. Perhaps we are good to go. More testing later today.

PC-12 10/10A PIM
PC-12 NG PIM

2 Likes

This looks really nice - freeware KASE - Aspen-Pitkin

Approaches don’t get much more fun than the LOC/DME into Aspen…

3 Likes

That a new release?

Ignore me I’m dumb!

LOL…well, you may recognize it…because I do think it is an update release…so you weren’t off the mark!