2017 Health & Fitness thread

I can’t tell if I lost weight or gained it. I think I lost a few pounds from being sick this past two weeks. And been hauling sleds up and down the mountain all day today…so hope to offset the Shiner Bocks… We’ll see on Monday.

1 Like

For the gadget aficionados, the Garmin Fenix 5 is releasing soon. Comes in 3 flavours and a smaller sized one for smaller arms.

I like the easy detachable bands.

Quite pricey, but if you like outdoors and activities/fitness, its a very good item. I am loving my fenix 3hr.

3 Likes

Three pounds down this week so far, and that’s not including shoveling snow, sledding, and wannabe rally driving today (because we all know driving racecars counts as a workout).

5 Likes

Is that moustache painted on?

1 Like

Oh man those football nights are really bad for my health. No energy to do sports, and tonight I had two bottles of lemonade, a whole pack of toffifay, a Snickers bar and right now I am eating 100 grams of Marzipan chocolate.
…and more than half a game to watch still.

EDIT; I really wonder how y’all Americans don’t get fat like… wait… nevermind.

4 Likes

…and this is why we started the thread. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

God I hate jumping rope but it is effective.

I am 43 here. And a week and a half ago I was 185 pounds, 5 foot 6 inches. Today I am still 5 foot 6 inches but I am down to 173 pounds. Don’t do what I do … get sick. That is not the fun way to loose weight :slight_smile:

That being said I need to get my arse in gear and get more active. Over the past 2 years I have dropped off to being about 100% inactive. I used to bike a fair bit (nothing fancy or far) and I used to do martial arts but that has fallen apart on me over the past two year.

anywho … I hope to feed off the positive energy of the group!

2 Likes

I did the same thing as you - got sick a couple days before the New Year…and I’m still on the tail end of it. Mostly chest congestion…and I feel relatively fine…but at night I get the coughs pretty bad. Getting incrementally better though…and it seems to be going around. Most say it runs about two weeks, so I’m definitely at the end of it. Can’t wait to get out running and biking, but haven’t yet due to the chest cold…

Time for a 10K today, will report back if I survive :wink:

1 Like

Did some snow clearing again.
Originally I wanted to use that as an excuse for not doing a proper workout but actually it was working as a proper workout pretty well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Made a misstake in the planning on google maps so that it counted a segment twice, thus cutting my actual route 2km short of a 10k run. So I’ve had to improvise a little by zig zagging through the neighbourhood.

I hate improvising on a run, but it worked out okay.

3 Likes

Impressive.
It will take me a loooong time to get to this level again. At the moment I run only 3-4 km at that speed before rolling on the ground puking.

1 Like

Ah well, this was my slow speed, only in the last K did I get up to speed because I was fed up with my planning misstake so I figured I’d try and make a 80/20 run(80% easy, 20% heavy).

Really, get fast at running is a long-con game, lots of easy miles/kilometers will make going faster easier and easier! I only really seriously started running last June, then started buying proper gear in September and eventually training properly for a half in November after I got the Garmin Forerunner 235 watch(I love data). Helped me a ton and also helped me to realize to SLOW THE HELL DOWN.

I also run better after work and I’ve got today off so performance is a bit chocked in that regard too.

This is what I am going through at the moment as my body tries to clean everything up. My sleep schedule is terrible :slight_smile:

That bronchitis has been going around Atlanta big time, probably the US. I was the last person in my family to get it but on the tail end of it as well. No one escaped. Everyone in my family, small business, housekeeper, clients all have had it. Must be one of the most contagious viruses ever, and it eats hand sanitizer for breakfast.

Aleve PM worked well getting me through some rough nights.

You’re Lucky to have one… I’m at the point where my body just accept to sleep at dash of 20 minutes- two hours per day…
-_-’ #WhydidIwantkids

1 Like

Currently working on dropping from 195 by about 10-15 pounds by; 1 mile run uphill followed by various pushups (wide grip, diamond, normal). Then runback home and do P90X ab ripperX video. That with dropping / lower booze consumption and I can reach it in about a month.

1 Like

Guy at work got me revved up for a 5K in a couple weeks, so I started running again tonight. 1.2 miles down, felt good getting back too it.

It’s cool to see all you guys… well at least read about you guys getting it done everyday. Keep up the good (inspiring) work!

1 Like

I once dated a girl who came up with a "P90x date night. " this was before Netflix and Chill, but was basically the same thing… but with p90x…

3 Likes

Guys,
Im feeling the guilt. This is a good thing. I am 52 about 5’ 8" and 168ish… OK IM 170lbs!!! Don’t judge me!!!
Seriously was running 4k about 5 days a week… Then she came along. I have gained 15 pounds last year.
I was in good shape 2015 and most of last year but I have fallen off the wagon. New girlfriend and excuses, excuses yada, yada…

The hardest lift is getting off the couch. So lets Go. I will contribute my stuff here.
Here are my rules for getting myself in shape.
No Carbs. Carbs are the enemy. I eat veggies and meat.
Gym as much as possible during the week.
Healthy weekends. Run, cycle, sail (I have not done the last two in over a year)
Keep alcohol down to a minimum and NO BEER.
I will contribute my progress to this thread.

Good Luck Everyone. Lets Go!

4 Likes