3rd DCS Fly-In Screens & AARs thread

Anyway, I’ll see if I can squeeze in another hour of flying at some time tonight or tomorrow.
It sure was fun despite the handicap. :smiley:

3 Likes

Another of Bigfoot filling his tanks

Maclean checking the paintwork

Flying into the fray as the sun sets.

4 Likes

Seems to me that the AV-8B seems to be the darling of the day on @Tankerwade’s server. Everyone seems to be giving that lady some good flight time. Even with the bugs, everyone seems very to agree that she has a very promising future in DCS World!

Some screenshots I caught over the past few hours:

@Tankerwade in hostile territory.

F-15C’s made an appearance to suppress RED Air.

@Maclean and @near_blind on a formation STOL takeoff.

@DeadMeat flying over a hostile DDG. It is probably easier to spot the ‘welcome present’ being lofted into his F-15C’s general direction.

Harrier on a Tarawa - make sure you turn your brakes off … all of 'em on the Tarawa or you will drift right off the stern.

Some poster worthy formation work.

@Tankerwade turning toward the target area.

KA-50s made an appearance … stealing all the kills from the fast air.

More formation work.

6 Likes

More nice shots.

Mirage 2000C CAP.

@Tankerwade working the SU-25.

@near_blind in his F-15C office providing CAP.

And showing off the tanking skills.

@HomeFries and Skeeter in the Viggen on an anti-shipping mission.

Forming up after weapons launch.

@DeadMeat on final in an A-10C with some damage.

@DeadMeat on the runway, fighting to keep it on the center line as @near_blind is about to get K/O’d by a J11 he annoyed some time ago. That J11 was dedicated.

@HomeFries buzzing the Tarawa tower.

3 Likes

I’d never met that J-11 before. His friends, wife, mistress and mother however… :thinking:

Tooling around in my sporty Sud Afreeken F-5 Scheme.

Based on the loadout (Mavs, no heaters), I’m going to guess this is @fearlessfrog .

@Bogusheadbox making a road landing.

@Maclean lobbying for ski ramps while putting on a clinic in STOVL.

@Tyco and @Gunnyhighway at the FARP.

I was feeling left out :expressionless:

Protecting the Mud Movers.

@HomeFries and his crew swatting at the Chinese fleet.

An AI Greek Mirage dueling with the enemy @Bogusheadbox and @fearlessfrog are the contrails in the background

8 Likes

Landing downwind!? Thats not ideal :wink:

4 Likes

Correct. I’ve not even tried the AIM-9’s yet on the Harrier, so thought I might as well save the weight for more precious fuel. Besides, I had complete confidence in our excellent top cover :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey, thanks for filling up the thread everyone! Nice pictures, especially @Fridge’s Harrier formations.

My 1st post has been updated with screenshots

8 Likes

Some screens from over the weekend, cant remember who are all in the screenies.

Lining up…I think @Bogusheadbox and @Toppometer

@Bogusheadbox big’ol’booty

@DeadMeat

SAM’s are fun

Trying to keep up with @Toppometer

@fearlessfrog @Bogusheadbox Rearming and refuelling at the FARP, both put down these birds with skill.

@near_blind and myself en-route to destroy some Tor’s

Approaching the Carrier.

@Bogusheadbox flying up front buzzing the Tarawa with @highway on the boat

9 Likes

I have just this one :smiley:

6 Likes

Few more from today and I apologize that I did not get shots of everyone over the weekend. During the times that I was actually flying I was so focused on not screwing up that I screwed up and didn’t get any screenshots. I’m lookin’ at you M-2000C INS alignment when I didn’t need it and should have been in the air killing M-G-23’s.

@Bogusheadbox lookin’ fine.

Me in the M-2000C skin that @komemiute made for me. I think that ED changed the ways that unit numbers are displayed, hence the artifact.

Maybe @Maclean has an ‘illegal’ loadout? Meh. It’s Beta!

And here is @Maclean killing the MiG-23 that I should have been killing.

After that I decided to get slow and bring an A-10C to the fight. At this point all of the Red Air had been taken care of so I was fairly safe … except when I went heads down and Betty started suggesting I pull up. She was right.

Back on @Tankerwade’s server running @near_blind’s mission. Sticking with the A-10C to see if I could help AV-8B’s pick up the air defense assets imbedded with the convoys.

Pretty picture but my RWR was overheating with all the activity somewhere up there is a nasty fight that will come haunt me.

Turning to target with @Bogusheadbox on my wing.

Can’t wait for DCS World 2.5 and the improved Georgia map. I am really looking forward to that.

Over the shoulder shot towards @Bogusheadbox

Shortly after entering the target area my RWR kicks into high gear. Missile launch warnings every 5 seconds or so. Eventually the two Su-30s would get me as I just did not have the smash to get away, or even challenge them really. The A-10C is a nice platform … as long as there are no threats in the AO. Died shortly after this shot.

At this point Blue Air had swept the area and there was an AI taxi crisis going on at Senaki. Since I was able to get into the AO without any challenges, @Bogusheadbox had managed to launch on a convoy. Not this one. This one was the front convoy and I would eventually backtrack along the road to …

Oh my. This beautiful mess. @Bogusheadbox had managed to smash the lead guy tank in the second convoy and it happened to occur on a bridge. The AI couldn’t get past the wreck. The right cross hair line is covering the lone AI trying it’s best to get across. I had entered into Warthog heaven.

Out of Mavericks, switching to GBU-12’s.

This was the best. 3 enemy units almost on top of each other. 1 GBU killed all three :-).

Sorry for the A-10C love-fest but it is not often that you get the perfect circumstances for the Warthog to shine. If it had been day, or I had not felt that I was pushing my luck, there would have been a few guns passes. At least until the next convoy with it’s AA missile team would have shown up and ruined my fun.

6 Likes

Now that the png issue is sorted!

@Maclean
Screen_171203_140815

6 Likes

This fly in has been some great fun. Thanks to everyone who has helped me learn some of the systems on the Harrier.

From Saturday night.

@Bogusheadbox approaching behind me

@near_blind being probed…

6 Likes

The two most incompetent Su-30 crews I’ve ever seen on their way to ruin @Bogusheadbox and @Fridge’s day.

@Deadmeat taxiing forward

@Klarsnow and I pretending to retake Las Malvinas

@Maclean insisting upon booping me >:-|

7 Likes

A few shots from this afternoon

@Maclean looking sinister

I think this was @NEVO in the M2K?

Still looking good after finding some AAA

Landings are still 50/50

8 Likes

Not me, definitely someone else :slight_smile: I was in A10A & Su25

1 Like

Thanks for the great pics, @near_blind. I can safely speak for the Black Veal Squadron when I say that we had a great time the other night.

3 Likes

Not to hijack the thread- but I was thinking.
You’re not the first user to report this…

I redownloaded the skin from the link I provided and tested it it was working fine.
So, I know I updated the skins after RazBam Modified something in the Mirage Texturing process and I think I warned people that skin had a problem and I corrected them.

Keyword here is I THINK I did it.
:confused:

I’m sorry if this slipped under the proverbial radar- but could anyone I did a Mirage 2000 texture for, redownload and try them to see if the problem persist?

1 Like

5 Likes