DCS Mission Submission: Mudspike 4th Annual Fly-In (2018) Training Mission

Mudspike 4th Annual Fly In (2018) Training Mission

*Credit for this screenshot comes from @near_blind (3rd DCS Fly-In Screens & AARs thread - #23 by near_blind)

This is an update to my DCS Mission Submission: Mudspike 3rd Annual Fly-In (2017) Training Mission that adapts to the DCS World 2.5.x branch and cleans up a lot of stuff. I hope :slight_smile:

Situation

Welcome to the Mudspike DCS-2.5.x 2018 Flying/Training Mission!

This mission contains 5 primary operations areas. These areas are grouped around flight combat ‘eras’ and DCS modules that might exist within those ‘eras’. Each area will be covered in later briefing and kneeboard pages.

This mission contains almost 90 client slots but it is not designed to be able to handle all of that at once. Instead, the client list is intended to provide flexibility allowing groups to perform training with a wide selection of DCS Module choices. Depending on the server, it is recommended that up to 16 clients should be active at any given time.

This mission may have various times and weather options but the base mission should always be 12 noon, 1 June 2011 with calm and clear weather - for training purposes.

Client Spots:

There are a lot - more than 2 per available module in DCS World 2.5.x as of November 2018.

Task

Almost any task is possible.

This mission is designed in a way to allow ‘generating’ of missions during its time active. This is intended to give the ‘mission lead’ complete control over what happens - directing flight elements to contact ground to obtain a weapons load out (as directed by the flight lead) and call in enemy elements to achieve the training targets.

There are a number of support assets in the Modern Area, including AWACS and Air Refueling.

Additional information is contained in the briefing docs and the kneeboards (in the in-game briefing and kneeboard system) take a look at those. They will be added to this mission post as a follow up post.

Notes

This mission is not dependent on any content external to DCS World.

This mission uses MOOSE 2.4 which is included in the .miz and .zip files. MOOSE was developed by FlightControl and is an excellent scripting addition (ED Forum link). I have included my source code that takes care of the group spawning (AI Adversary, Tanker, AWACS, Ground Convoys and SAM groups). This mission also contains Alerax’s LSO AI Script (but I am not sure how functional it will be in a multiplayer game - no offense to him or anyone else but DCS sometimes messes with the Comms menu).

CAUTION: You can spawn, literally, hundreds of groups/units in this mission - and this can break your server (think seconds per frame). Missions are ‘called in’ via the F10 Communication menu under which there will be a “Mudspike 2018 Fly-In” option. This option will contain sub-options for each Era Area, which will then contain options relating to CAP, Convoy, Depot and other spawns. Further sub-options will allow the selection of pertinent groups fitting the Menu choices.

CAUTION: Comms menu may available to all clients or it may be limited to the JTAC/GAME MASTER slots (when they enter a BLUE-JTAC-* ground unit); only Flight Leads should make choices so they control the training.

Known Issues:

• None currently known but you know about unknown unknowns

• Some of the Briefing and in-game text has not been adjusted for 2018 and V03;

Future Plans (maybe):

• Updates and fixes

Version History:

Version Date DCS World Version Notes
V03.01 29 Nov 2018 DCS World 2.5.3.24436 (Open Beta) Initial release;
4 Likes