A-10C Warthog II

The current A-10C has the map. It’s not available for all regions of a “map” at every zoom level, though.

After the recent updates to lighting and the cockpit in 2.5.6, you can easily use the map with overlaid symbols.

We get sym (symbology brightness), brt (brightness of the background TGP/MAV/TAD image) and Con (contrast) rockers. For the MFD with TAD, drop brightness and bump up symbology if needed. Contrast as you see fit. If you put TGP/MAV up on that display after - recall that you made it darker, and bump it back up.

I turn brightness down to as low as 10 (out of 64, scale is 0-63, 32 is default for two of the settings iirc) sometimes.

5 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Has anyone heard if any of the air to ground features on the HMCS will come to F16 or F18?

For the F-18, yes. Supposedly planned for this year.

For the F-16, I’m not sure. Though, using BMS as my reference, I don’t know how many helmet A/G functions a block 50 Viper has from the time period they’re modeling.

1 Like

Finally the A-10 gets a Vikhr equivalent!

4 Likes

That increases its tactical value against ground units even more.
I love it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When is the A-10C II being released? I am kinda getting the urge to play with Warthog again. Does it qualify as a GOTHQ module?

2 Likes

I think they said 30th sep …

1 Like

Re: Campaigns/Missions carrying over to Warthog II. This could be a bigger ask than some might appreciate. The more complicated missions have flag decisions based on player actions. If those actions callback cockpit parameters, it is probable that at least few have changed. The numerical address that was once, say, “Master Mode On” might now be “Weapon Pickle”. Each mission might have dozens of such flags.

2 Likes

There are missions with flags like that? I can’t imagine someone actually having done that. I can imagine them being based on where the player is, where the target is, etc, but you mean someone could have a mission where an enemy flight spawns behind the player the instant they switch to A2G mode?

Yes you can. I like having the game play the top gun theme once you close the canopy. It’s a cool bit of functionality.

4 Likes

Yes, there are event Conditions that begin with ‘x’. I do think these events are only available for the pilot Type of Player, and not available for Client.

Thats a wonderful idea!! I’m definitely interested in that being next months aircraft. I have a lot to learn.

I’ve been playing with my viggen quietly all month every chance I’ve got and want to swap to another aircraft so I can hopefully get my viggen into muscle memory mode instead of “stare at manual while 50ft off the ground mode”

2 Likes

How cool would it be to select 5 planes from DCS and give them liveries matching the TV show Thunderbirds?

Like, c’mon, it’d be cool!
Edit: obviously the New A10 II would be one of them…

4 Likes

so which plane would be thunderbird 4 :grinning:

1 Like

Hear me out, a helicopter.
Like either the Huey or the Mi8.
The way I fly it I’d end up underwater or underground anyways.

Edit: no but really the Mi8.
Also, we could have several with the same livery… I just need a bit of time.

I swear that if we manage to make a list of birds we want it’ll be my 2021 project.
If the world doesn’t ends up before I finish.

I mean this is totally a MiG 21!

I’d make this the Viggen…

Just for the fact that this was a VTOL, I’d make this the Harrier…

But if I make TB4 the Mi8 there’s nothing left for the A10… uhm… :thinking:
SO maybe making TB2 the A10? Wings and engine checks out…

8 Likes

Thunderbird 5 has to be either the Mainstay or the awacs … and i could imagine a bright yellow A10 … and the amount of them i have crashed into water, it could count as a submarine :grinning:

1 Like

ROFLMAO!

1 Like

There was a thunderbird 6 if I recall correctly. It was only in the movie (again… iirc) it also looks like a very decent match for the hog :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes