A DIY Radar Controller

I’m back from a meeting with the engineering dept. After a very heated debate, we found some middle ground and could settle on this…

5 Likes

For what it’s worth, I agree with @komemiute

Comics and cockpit dials do NOT count, we’ve been through that already…

Also I’ve found bite marks on crayons, again.
Those are not to be eaten.

(all in good humour of course, I jest)

They do too!! Aaah… Ok, I’ll drop it.

But they taste so good…! Have you actually tried a crayon? You should!

Do you have any idea what a statement like that will do to his italian macho ego…?
He’ll be asking for a raise now!

1 Like

Hey I want double! (Having everyone to notice that Zero times two is still Zero)

Sorry @komemiute but there will have to be some cutbacks. We’ll start by removing the italian coffeebar you insisted on, in the directors lounge…

Wait, I never had the badge to access the Director’s Lounge!

No? Just contact security. They’ll set you up.

Uuh, I went to the security and it’s just a human-sized printout of a policeman with Jason Statham face photoshopped on.
Is this it?

Yeah… Like I said, there’s been some cutbacks.

1 Like

Surely you mean… cut-out!

1 Like

Cutouts are excellent cutbacks! :wink:

1 Like

Aww snap!

Nah, the law proscribes that part numbers are ought to be placed at the most inconvenient place for maintenance staff. If you don’t need to use a torch and a mirror then you are not doing it right! :wink:

But yes, artistically speaking its lovely there!

1 Like

Hey @Troll

Do you happen to have a schematic for your PCB with the Teensy, shift registers and those resisters? How many switches was/is this design able to handle?

I can draw one up, if you like, or you could just copy my PCB designs. I have a couple extra PCBs, shift regs, and resistors that I could send, even.
With 4 shift regs. it can handle 32 buttons.

The schematic doesn’t have to be great, just enough to get me going on wiring up the teensy and the shift registers to a switch and where an axis might go. Once I get it on the prototype board so I can play around with it, I was going to ask how I could get myself one of them fancy boards. If you don’t mind parting with them and the shift registers, I can find them a good home :slight_smile:

We’ll have you set up in no time! :wink:

I find this thread fascinating.

Troll your work is amazing.

4 Likes