So more time for Italy At War?

El Duce demands progress!!
:stuck_out_tongue:

ANd good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks mate. :slight_smile:

Second step of my new life: Engaged!

That is I started running.
Got proper shoes, some proper attire to avoid overheating and off I go!

Actually more a light jog than proper running but still… 2 kilometres and one hour later I’m tired but happy.

Show some mercy, show some sympathy, have some faith… it’s just my first time.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

It’s generally better to do hardcore walking before doing jogging and running, especially as you get older. It’s really easy to hurt yourself by skipping ahead before you’re conditioned.

2 Likes

Yup, I agree. Luckily I’m a very active walker and I felt ready to … :smirk: take the NEXT STEP!
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
:point_right::point_right:

EH? Cool uh? :fearful: Hey- wait where you’re going? :flushed:

2 Likes

You are a very kind soul.I’m sure you’ll do fantastic and have much success in any new path you choose.All The Very Best to you Sir.

3 Likes

You’re entirely too kind. :slight_smile: Thank you so very much for these words.

2 Likes

1 Like

How’s the jogging going?
Do you look like Arnie yet? :stuck_out_tongue:

Just finished another week (number 3 IIRC) of couch-to-5K…

Luckily the walk home dried some sweat… I was like just out of a shower.

8 Likes

5k?!
I can barely manage 2400m.
(We did 800m sets down the gym last week, F**k that was hard, pretty much crawled over the line the last time.)

Well, let me clarify! :smiley:
I’m not yet doing all 5k, I’m sitting (running) comfortably my 2kpoint something, running 2 to 3 times per week and I’m constantly shaving minutes off. :grin:

My luck was my starting point- I’ve always used my mountain bike a lot, I did a lot of jeet kune do so when I volunteered to serve in 8th Regiment (8th Alpini Regiment - Wikipedia) Italian Mountain Troops (Alpini Alpine Brigade "Julia" - Wikipedia) over ten years ago (wife barges in and whisper in my ears) …yes… it’s actually closer to twenty, thank you my love… my legs were “on par” and well suited.

Being mortar infantry (we used a wheels-less version of this badass- Mortier 120mm Rayé Tracté Modèle F1 - Wikipedia) we still trained in walking/marching uphill… so like… a LOT. All in all it was both fun and professional.

So, back to us… Every week I really feel the “rust” leaving my limbs and lungs.
Every time I run I can do a bit more, a bit faster and I recover a bit better.

I’m surprised but still a bit dismayed at the lack of fat loss…
I’ve changed my eating habits as to discard almost all carbs while still retaining a healthy approach though.
I’m never hungry.

Next week, if my body keeps up as it’s done so far, I’ll be moving one notch up. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The only shame are my marble-like white legs.
Seriously- the only good thing about that is that they work as Leg-sized reflective strips… :man_facepalming:

Trust me on this advice Komemiute.

Slow. Down.

Move slower, it will help you gain a lot more. If you have a clever watch(Garmin Forerunner and it’s many brethren) then check your heart rate. Calculate your heart rate zones for running, and limit your time in zone 5, focus on zone 4 for productive days and zone 3 for recovery days.

Slow. Down.

And up your cadence, This is a number of steps a minute. Aim for 170, a bit lower is okay, but 170 appears to be the magic number. Cadence first, then Heart Rate, with whatever you have left you can have fun. Remember that your heart rate stays up once you get it up to a certain level and it will not easily come down without reducing your pace.

:wink:

2 Likes

You are not wrong.
I’m actually using an app that I got a long time ago with an humble bundle… https://zombiesrungame.com/.
So far so good, but I’ll try to slow down. :slight_smile:
Thanks.

1 Like

Excellent! It sounds extremely counter to common sense, but it’s how running works.

Think of it this way, if you can run half the target distance smoothly you can do the whole distance if need be. and use the 80/20 rule, 80% of the distance should be easy going fun times, 20% of the distance you can push yourself.

Lot’s of people use the Hall Higdon plans, perhaps it’s something worth considering, or atleast reading about and implementing the bits you like.

4 Likes

Wow! Thanks! I’ll definitely check it out! :+1:

I just feel knackered.
And I take it easy.

Also,

“The Beard is strong with @komemiute” *said in Sidious’ voice

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

LOLZ! You should have seen it before… :slight_smile: