Aerges' DCS: Mirage F1

I’ll bet that was what I fried in that mystery electrical failure; symptoms match, but I didn’t have any discernable indications. Looks like I have some vocabulaire to brush up on.

1 Like

It’s easy to miss those warning lights: they are in the top right of the warning panel and can be obscured by other cockpit elements (canopy rail?)

3 Likes

whoop whoop, I just WAG’ed a stick of SAMP400s right smack in the middle of an SA-2 site, taking out both radars!

4 Likes

Tried that last week on our training server - unfortunately the training scenario features a rather multilayered IADS with mobile SAMs and MANPADS protecting the big sticks. Flying (mostly) below treetop height at close to Mach1 wasn’t enough. An SA-15 managed to get us only ~2NM from the SAM site :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I had a whole bunch of ZSU-23 pits ringing the SA-2 site. Fun but not impossible :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah that’s not too bad. When I looked at the Tacview I realized that we successfully made it past several SA-8, one SA-15, countless MANPADS and AAA but there was a TOR on a small hill next to the SA-5 that shot us xD

1 Like

No video? Would love to see that trial run.

1 Like

Anyone having trouble using JTAC’s with the F1? I can’t seem to contact a JTAC to have them lase the target for me.

I in general have comms issues with it. I believe they are being worked on.

Ok so it seems my JTAC issues are twofold. There does seem to be a bug where the F1 can’t talk to stock JTACs. I tried using CTLD and was having issues till I discovered my script was running too early. So now the CTLD JTAC works just fine with the F1.

1 Like

I have been taking the time to learn this bird. Dogfighting Tomcats is challenging but as long as you dont try to turn fight w them you can beat the Kitties. Next up was the F-5. Again, staying fast helps. They will stall before you. When they got behind me i pulled flat scissor. He gets out front and i gave him the gun. YMMV but i find the F1 durable, fast and a fairly good turner. Just go fast. Its no Viper or Hornet but it will challenge you to learn. Having a blast.

5 Likes

One circle, two circle, scissors… I had a wonderful and exhausting session chaising down the peskiest opponent of them all… Scooters!!! The A-4 is a beast of the turn fight. The Mirage F1 or MF1 has enough power to get you out of most compromising situations. In 3 engagements i had two gun kills and four missile kiĺls. By the end i was exhausted and my neck is a bit soar but i have a big smile on my face today.

5 Likes

I like how quick the MF1 gains energy for it’s era. I have soft spot for the F-5, but once it gets slow you are usually dead trying to get quick again with a competent opponent. With the MF1 get level or a dive, throttle forward and watch that IAS needle sweep forward. Yeah its not a F-15C in full burner, but for it’s generation I certainly can’t complain.

5 Likes

Update on the draw args for probes and stuff. The probe, chin pods, RWR tumors, expendables buckets were all on the same argument. Now they’re separate:

[986] = 0.111 (remove chaff/flare buckets)
[987] = 0.270 (probe, short) (I think 0.111 gives a probe with a longer extension)
[988] = 0.127 (rectangular RWR with black tips); 0.206 (rectangular RWR without black tips)
[991] = 0.111 (CT chin pod); 0.238 (CR chin pod)

4 Likes

EE variant inbound. INS, aerial refueling and new weapons. Possbile new HUD, but not confirmed.

9 Likes

From Aerges:

Technicians are working hard and hangar doors are getting opened for a shining Mirage F1 EE.
This Mirage F1 EE will bring many presents:

• Inertial Navigation System
  • Aerial Refueling System
  • A new RWR AN/ALR-300
  • A new Navigation Indicator (IDN)
    The new module will come as well with the S530F Supermatra A2A missile, available for the different Mirage F1 versions.
    The release will also include a control system rework and extensive changes in the engine simulation, as well as many other improvements.
    Stay tuned!
    Merry Christmas to you all dear friends!

7 Likes

Nice! Excited to see the new HUD capabilities.

3 Likes
6 Likes

This shot from the 2023 video shows not only the probe but also the display for the much improved RWR that we will get in the F1EE (no signals unfortunately)

7 Likes

You can see it working in this video:

4 Likes