Aerges' DCS: Mirage F1

I’ll bet that was what I fried in that mystery electrical failure; symptoms match, but I didn’t have any discernable indications. Looks like I have some vocabulaire to brush up on.

1 Like

It’s easy to miss those warning lights: they are in the top right of the warning panel and can be obscured by other cockpit elements (canopy rail?)

3 Likes

whoop whoop, I just WAG’ed a stick of SAMP400s right smack in the middle of an SA-2 site, taking out both radars!

4 Likes

Tried that last week on our training server - unfortunately the training scenario features a rather multilayered IADS with mobile SAMs and MANPADS protecting the big sticks. Flying (mostly) below treetop height at close to Mach1 wasn’t enough. An SA-15 managed to get us only ~2NM from the SAM site :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I had a whole bunch of ZSU-23 pits ringing the SA-2 site. Fun but not impossible :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah that’s not too bad. When I looked at the Tacview I realized that we successfully made it past several SA-8, one SA-15, countless MANPADS and AAA but there was a TOR on a small hill next to the SA-5 that shot us xD

1 Like

No video? Would love to see that trial run.

1 Like

Anyone having trouble using JTAC’s with the F1? I can’t seem to contact a JTAC to have them lase the target for me.

I in general have comms issues with it. I believe they are being worked on.

Ok so it seems my JTAC issues are twofold. There does seem to be a bug where the F1 can’t talk to stock JTACs. I tried using CTLD and was having issues till I discovered my script was running too early. So now the CTLD JTAC works just fine with the F1.

1 Like

I have been taking the time to learn this bird. Dogfighting Tomcats is challenging but as long as you dont try to turn fight w them you can beat the Kitties. Next up was the F-5. Again, staying fast helps. They will stall before you. When they got behind me i pulled flat scissor. He gets out front and i gave him the gun. YMMV but i find the F1 durable, fast and a fairly good turner. Just go fast. Its no Viper or Hornet but it will challenge you to learn. Having a blast.

5 Likes

One circle, two circle, scissors… I had a wonderful and exhausting session chaising down the peskiest opponent of them all… Scooters!!! The A-4 is a beast of the turn fight. The Mirage F1 or MF1 has enough power to get you out of most compromising situations. In 3 engagements i had two gun kills and four missile kiĺls. By the end i was exhausted and my neck is a bit soar but i have a big smile on my face today.

5 Likes

I like how quick the MF1 gains energy for it’s era. I have soft spot for the F-5, but once it gets slow you are usually dead trying to get quick again with a competent opponent. With the MF1 get level or a dive, throttle forward and watch that IAS needle sweep forward. Yeah its not a F-15C in full burner, but for it’s generation I certainly can’t complain.

5 Likes

Update on the draw args for probes and stuff. The probe, chin pods, RWR tumors, expendables buckets were all on the same argument. Now they’re separate:

[986] = 0.111 (remove chaff/flare buckets)
[987] = 0.270 (probe, short) (I think 0.111 gives a probe with a longer extension)
[988] = 0.127 (rectangular RWR with black tips); 0.206 (rectangular RWR without black tips)
[991] = 0.111 (CT chin pod); 0.238 (CR chin pod)

4 Likes