ARMA Operation Eye Opener

When do yall want to make an attempt on the operation?

I’m good on weeknights after 8pm and on Sunday afternoons.

Since it’s a small unit op, I’m not really interested in using TFAR. It’s cool and all but just adds an unneeded layer of complexity, especially for people who don’t use it a lot.

If we could do this next Friday or Saturday (any time) / Sunday before 17 GMT I’m all game (so 14-16/07)

Never thought I’d hear a sim enthusiast complain about complexity. :joy: You don’t have to mess with it if you don’t want to. Basically if you’re teamspeak isn’t configured for it, you can just speak and hear everyone like normal, as long as we are in the same team speak channel.

If you guys want to get on tonight and bust some rust off, I’ll have the server up around 8 central. I’ll load up a compound I have where we can basically practice anything, or Zeus up a live fire mini op.

[quote=“Gunnyhighway, post:44, topic:4423, full:true”]You don’t have to mess with it if you don’t want to. Basically if you’re teamspeak isn’t configured for it, you can just speak and hear everyone like normal, as long as we are in the same team speak channel.
[/quote]

As I recall it ain’t that easy. If TFAR is configured properly, the TaskForceRadio TeamSpeak Channel is locked/controlled by the server. You can’t even get into it if you’re not using TFAR. Will we be using your TS server? Also, TFAR overrides the regular ArmA comms channels.

As I said, it’s an unnecessary layer of complexity.

Anyway I’ll be on your server tonight if you want to discuss it and try it out.

Shoot me a message on here when you’re ready to get on, and i’ll fire the server up. I’m working on the base right now, trying to add some vehicle spawner scripts that work similar to the Arsenal, so people can spawn whatever they want without Zeus. Yall can add me on steam too, Coach76 is my name on there.

When we were playing the other night, i had tfar on, and we talked just fine. when you first log in, if you have the TFAR plug in, it puts you in the TFAR teamspeak channel. Thats why I couldnt hear you at first. All you have to do is move yourself to the correct channel. TFAR only moves you once, you are free to change TS channels all you want.

Check out this short and to the point server side TFAR config video …

Vehicle Spawn Success!

:grin: Hey @Gunnyhighway, could you have the server up for 1830 central tonight? (1930 eastern).

will 1900 work? I have to run some errands real fast.

shes up and running

Subscribe to the Steam version of TFAR, double click (install) a couple of TS plugins, join your server and it interacts with Mudspike Teamspeak’s TaskForceRadio channel perfectly! I’m lovin’ it! :heart:

I’m starting a roster for the Op. Right now, looks like us two. If you’ve ever had inhibitions about ARMA, or bad previous experience, this wont be it. The server runs well, i refuse to let children demand to be called by fake ranks, and the operation will be intense. The mod list seems long, but they are of the highest quality and run excellent. The FPS is very reasonable. I’m knocking down 45-80 fps with a middle of the road system (i5/gtx 970)… Feel free to jump in and try it out.

1 Like

If you are running it next weekend, i could be in. I make a great bullet magnet.

I’m interested in playing but have limited time both to make it and stay.

I’ll have the server up tonight, would be good to get some guys in to shake gear out, see how everything works. Looking at next Saturday for the operation.

I will definitely try to make it on. I am on call this weekend, so you never know when I may have to go AFK for a few.

I would recommend if you are even thinking about it, subscribe to the mods so they are at least ready to go. That’s the biggest hurdle with anything ArmA. Luckily, the steam workshop has simplified things 1000 times.

I have a family BBQ gettogether to go to today but I’ll try to make it back by at least 8 EDT.

I’ll be later tonight, just shoot me a message on here or on steam. Hope to get this going. I’ve had some pretty epic Co-Op times in the past.