Aviation Recognition Challenge Thread

McDonnell F3H Demon.

well that was fast, altough they were made by McDonnell afaik, not douglas.

no one saw that.

1 Like

I think that would be fun. Can you hide the file name of the image?

bingo bango!

It could. I mean it will be cheatable with an image search etc, but honor rules and all that then it’ll work. I’ll try something out and post in #meta when it’s playable.

EDIT: Had a play with it here: Random Aircraft Quiz Bot WIP

People of this topic, take a look and let me know if that would be something worth continuing. They all look like aircraft to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

No I don’t. I did however read a couple hundred page paper on the rapid restructuring of BuAir during and post WWII and the race to rapidly acquire a platform capable of delivering nuclear weapons from USN Carriers last year, so it’s fresh on the mind.

1 Like

Yup just started reading about it today, I think it looks awesome lol

1 Like

We obviously need [randomKateUpton].

3 Likes

Some kinda early Grumman?

Edit, I found it but I had to search… so I won’t post it.

Looks like it should have “Fisher” in it’s name…is all I can think…

Man thats a beautiful picture… world needs more sea planes lol

1 Like

Heh, she is really a beauty. WHen she was 19 and in Antarctica she had a face that would melt Icebergs.
And more. But alas… As of late (I read somewhere) she’s starting to act all diva. Occupational Hazard I guess.

I woudln’t mind buying her a drink. :slight_smile: And then introduce my wife to her- as the only woman who can steal my heart. Man gotta Man-up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Obivously I meant that I would explain to Ms.Upton how my wife is the only woman for me.

Not being a native english speaker I would never want to write something on the internet that can be misunderstood, with or without context.

AHHHAAH, great one. Yep, women are the best.
My wife didn’t force me to write this.

1 Like

@Andrew116 has asked for a Random Aircraft quiz.

Answer below (no peeking!)[Zmaj Fizir FP-2](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zmaj%20Fizir%20FP-2)

That’s exactly what I was thinking too… I haven’t peaked yet lol

1 Like

I had to peek as well… I never would have got that lol

@Andrew116 has asked for a Random Aircraft quiz.

Answer below (no peeking!)[Hall PH](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall%20PH)