Aviation Recognition Challenge Thread

Then at a guess I would have to say the SAAB 21

1 Like

I believe that one is the jet version but yes its a Saab 21, one of my favorite aircraft.

Your up!

It looks like a Fouga Magister and a Vampire had children :wink:

OK, helicopter this time. This one l saw on the way to busting my ankle and thought as unusual looking. It has a very narrow front aspect, reminds me of a cobra and the dual rotor set up.

I was meaning to check up about it, but hospital got in the way. What better than to ask mudspike for their input.

1 Like

A K-Max cool!

if that is it, you’re it

Look up KAMAN K-Max, they even have a UAV version.

Always find it interesting to come across threads that were hot for quite some time and then just die for no apparent reason.

Wheels

I miss this thread being hot…

@discobot aircraftrec

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@fearlessfrog has asked for a Random Aircraft quiz.

Answer below (no peeking!)[Kawanishi E7K](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawanishi%20E7K)

Info on how to use the old RandomAircraft bot (which was before the Birth of Discobot and I am pretty surprised still works!) here.

1 Like

Let me check that @wxbot is still alive or not. It’s been a while…

@fearlessfrog METAR raw report: CYVR 301800Z 00000KT 30SM FEW005 FEW020 05/03 A3016 RMK CF1SC1 CF TR SC TR SLP214.

2 Likes

Well I’m fairly stumped here I don’t have a deep knowledge of Japanese amphibious aircraft lol

1 Like

Yeah, the bot is nice that it is (semi) random, but man alive does it grab some obscure ones. I’ll do another. To do one just put the text

[RandomAircraft]

…and it’ll try fetch one from Wikipedia and replace the post. If it doesn’t work, just delete and retry (sometimes the image grab is a bit flaky)

@fearlessfrog has asked for a Random Aircraft quiz.

Answer below (no peeking!)[United Consultants Twin Bee](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United%20Consultants%20Twin%20Bee)
2 Likes

Oooohhh, I know that one, I have it for FSX.
It is the Sea Bee

2 Likes

Technically its a Twin Bee, but since that’s a conversion I’d still give it to ya.

2 Likes

You are right. It did look a bit weird with the two engines.