BN-2 Islander

Not yet to release…but this was the first I’d seen mention of it.

2 Likes

The Islander was one of the aircraft I hoped I would be lucky enough to fly someday. I’ll be getting this one for sure.

2 Likes

Yeah…the St. Maarten, St. Barts, Saba shuffle would be fun in that one!

My flying instructor who is now a very close friend was an islander air ambulance pilot. He has some phenomenal stories from those days. I could listen to him talk for hours about the challenges those guys faced. He transitioned to King airs later and it was still pretty white knuckled. Amazing guy.

2 Likes

That will be 106…and counting :grin:

I had a BN-2 for FSX - I really liked it. I’ll also be getting this.

I’m pretty sure the count will be higher by the time that the Islander is released. Pretty sure indeed. ;).

1 Like

While I do not know exactly how many specific aircraft models I have in FSX, I had a FSTweaks management app that counted each aircraft skin…last time I looked it was over 1700…yeah…not good.

Which is why in XP11 I am severely limiting my purchases - but a good BN2 s a must have! . :grin:

1 Like

The developer (TorqueSim) also published a link to the (beta) manual online. I haven’t bought it yet…$40 is a bit rich for me at this point with so much goodness already in my hangar. I’ll probably pick it up on a sale at some point…

EDIT - Quick look at the manual (25 pages) shows it is a pretty bare bones manual. Not much in the way of true systems descriptions…more like a checklist and basic operating manual at this point.

The TorqueSim Islander is available for $39.95 at X-Aviation (who also have a shiny new website)…

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/torquesim-islander-p-177

I’m not sure I will be biting on this one, but time will tell, it might grow on me.

3 Likes

First mod is already out too…a “backcountry” darker panel

2 Likes

I do like that darker panel… but I bought another couple of gliders for Condor 2 last night so…must…resist. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

I’m tempted… Semester ends next week, so I’ll have time for a life again after that. I’ll keep y’all posted.

1 Like
© 2020 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ