X-Plane Releases Thread (2020)

New release from Carenado - SR22 GTSX Turbo

Interestingly there is another SR22 in the works, for some time, from TorqueSim

1 Like
2 Likes

I could be wrong but I’ve always thought that the background music for that scene was from The Ten Commandments …perfect for it. :laughing:

1 Like

Ha! My favorite part is at the end where the bishop says that his name is Brad and there is no God after missing that put.

Khamsin Studios, who gave us the the B25 and Chipmunk, have just released a free T6 Texan!

The panel is a little basic, but that is the only negative. It looks and flies great, and is a really nice gift from this developer.

Some shots of me reminiscing about my time at Zanesville Ohio. There was a T6 and a Stearman based there, often flown by a guy named Terry Thompson. He was quite a character.

8 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: BN-2 Islander

VULKAN in ‘two weeks’, nice

I was looking for the bomber in the screen shots, so…evidently spelled with. C, not a K. OK, I’ll bite. What is VULKAN?

1 Like

New rendering engine. In short, for XP (or any other programs) it should offer higher performance and more balanced CPU/GPU usage.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I hadn’t heard of it. sounds logical :vulcan_salute:

It’s not a rendering engine but an API.
Literally a library of soft-of Middleware that do improve the rendering of every engine it is implemented in.

1 Like

According to wiki it is (API) :wink:

I’m not sure I understand what you’re telling me.

2 Likes

So … both are correct?

X-Plane’s current rendering engine uses OpenGL. OpenGL (old) and Vulkan (new) are APIs that provide cross platform access to 2d/3d acceleration hardware, comparable to (and a competitor to) Direct3D from Microsoft. The change to X-Plane to accommodate Vulkan would likely mean a fairly large overhaul of current rendering engine in X-Plane. So Vulkan is a new API which is resulting in a new rendering engine in X-Plane.

1 Like

This is exciting!

I may have to take a break from DCS…OK, let’s not go overboard…

We might need to have an Africa Air Rally as a future event!

2 Likes

London to Jo’burg?

1 Like

Let’s not get overexcited, it’s for FSX & P3D

2 Likes

Ouch, I missed that part.

1 Like

■■■■! As did I…and I just paid for it.

Oh well…I might as well get my old FSX PC back in battery.

3 Likes