CAP 2 Updates

Oooh I should fire this up again for a second look!

Wonā€™t start for for me - getting cap2.exe has stopped working messages, even after verifying local files. Anyone have a solution?

Maybe theres a error log somewhere?

An uninstall and reinstall seems to have fixed it.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s new update with working day/night cycle (finally). Donā€™t know whatā€™s else new, as there is no changelog posted yet.

3 Likes

Playing around with new CAP2 build.

sadly still a long way to go ā€¦

5 Likes

Few more:

Mach Loop, UK.

and nice little feature:

6 Likes

One more from Hawaii - flying over Molokaā€™i

4 Likes

Does it use open street map info, as itā€™s pretty accurate - thatā€™s the Kingā€™s Road on the bottom right of your Molokaā€™i screenshot?

Yes, itā€™s using OSM data. Actually itā€™s Damien Road (itā€™s northern part of the island). When I took this screenshot I was just past the Kalaupapa flying due east.

2 Likes

Ah yeah, sorry - I quickly read Molokaā€™i as Molokini and thought you were over Maui. We need to do a kickstarter to get the Hawaiian alphabet more than 13 lettersā€¦ :wink: :palm_tree:

CAP 2 graphics engine-wise looks like itā€™s coming along, and the VR performance has always been amazing. Is there any word from Ed on the mission / campaign stuff?

EDIT: Ed not ED - force of habitā€¦ lol :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At first I thought you ment Eagle Dynamics :wink: But yeah, Ed is working on it, basically all alone (Ian helped with art stuff) so it seems like itā€™s going to be a long wait. But the progress is steady, so some day I hope we will see it fully developed.

3 Likes

Most recent dev blog:

Thursday, 18 October 2018

v813.4/5 Updates

Hi All

v813.4 & 5 were uploaded to the BETA and VR BETA channels recently. Work was focused on A/G weaponry. Updates included:

• AGM65 IR Maverick
    • IRMAV MFD Display
    • Target Lock
    • Flight routine
    • Launch FX
  • STRS MFD Display
  • HUD Displays
    • IRMAV
      • Cage/Uncage display
    • A/G Guns & Rockets
      • CCIP display
    • Bombs
      • CCIP offscreen indication, reflected cue
  • Graphical ā€˜tweaksā€™
    • Cockpit mirror improvements

Bug fixes included:

• VR Pilot view black screen when using OpenVR/SteamVR
  • Glitching cockpit shadows
  • Flicker when using MFD containing a 3D Display

The next couple couple of minor updates (v813.6/7) will continue with A/G work. These will include:

• FLIR
    • Heat based rendering rather than the current gray scale (which gets dark at night :slight_smile: )
    • HUD FLIR display
      • with the 24hr rendering FLIR display becomes much more useful
  • HARM
    • HARM display of detected emitters/threats
    • updated HARM flight code
  • TDC (Target Designator Control)
    • finalising TDC use and assignment between Radar MFD/ HUD/ IRMAV/ TPOD
    • removal of target pod slew controls
      • uses TDC when it is assigned to TPOD
  • Weapon release tone
    • enabled via TONE option in STRS
    • volume set via rotary control on ACNIP panel
  • Improved cockpit illumination
  • AV8B cockpit updates

After the final A/G weapons/Avionics updates are released weā€™ll move on to the v814 series updates which will add the in-mission tactical display. After that weā€™re on to single missions.

4 Likes

Sounds good! I should really give it another spin soonish then!

Update 0.813.7 has landed. There is no official info about whatā€™s new yet but I found this thing works now (just switch the HUD mode to NIGHT):

You can even change the brightness of that HUD FLIR image separately from the HUD symbology.

The image has slight delay (as in RL) so when you roll it will lag slighlty with regard to the outside world. Looks really well done.

6 Likes

Just got a Janeā€™s F-15 flashback.

2 Likes

Wait 20 secondsā€¦Iā€™m making a patch map.

2 Likes

Some night/early morning action over Yuma showcasing new FLIR HUD image among other few things.

Found some new bugs as well - more info in video description.

2 Likes

813.8 update just showed up taday. Looks like some graphical improvements to the cockpit and world rendering - the night is pitch black now, you really going to need that HUD FLIR. There are some things missing though - I canā€™t get targeting pod loaded up with the LGB loadout. There are some cool new camera views included now as well, and I really love how your head movement (via Track IR) translates to the pilot in-game:

For the official update on whatā€™s new we will have to wait for Ed to update his dev blog.

http://devblog.sim155.com/

4 Likes

Iā€™ve thrown a quick vid showcasing some of the features in motion.

2 Likes